July 28 blog: Buzz Updates

Rob Bennett moderates this Early Retirement Board
Abusive posting will not be tolerated.

Moderator: Founder of Hocomania

Re: July 28 blog: Buzz Updates

Postby hocus2009 » 07/29/08 at 13:26:01

So hopefully, you have some idea how it works: The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Anyone who is not willing to protect us from the sorts of individuals who have posted in "defense" of Lindauer and Greaney should not promise us in the published rules for their sites that they will do so.

Honesty matters.

Yes, even on the internet.

Yes, even in discussions of stock investing.

Yes, even in safe-withdrawal-rates studies.

My sincere take.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

Luvya Boo! Please come back. I'm on TV now! A big star. Just like you wanted.
hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/29/08 at 13:29:06

Aren't there message boards where the participants primarily follow non-Passive Investing strategies?

I will continue to reportzzz the number accurately.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

Luvya Boo! Please come back. I'm on TV now! A big star. Just like you wanted.
hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/29/08 at 14:01:23

hocus2009 wrote:
Anyone who is not willing to protect us from the sorts of individuals who have posted in "defense" of Lindauer and Greaney should not promise us in the published rules for their sites that they will do so.

Rob

'They' didn't make any such promise, nor break any of same.

You, on the other hand, routinely fail to come up with any verifiable instance of such rules, or rules breaking, or death threats, etc.

'They' simply were visited in turn by one lone nut, and eventually each exercised their prerogative (some very reluctantly and belatedly because it is not their nature to 'ban' anyone if they can help it) to regain control over their own property, returning it to the uses they intended.

Rob, the true conflict is all within your own mind.

Seek aid.

Promptly.
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 07/29/08 at 14:02:52

There has never been any poster in the history of that board who generated as many questions with his stuff as I did.

Not sure if we should score that as a deception or a delusion. Your "stuff", more commonly known as hocomania, has generated few questions pertaining to the nuts-and-bolts of your timing scheme at any of the 16 boards which banned you. The bulk of the posts directed towards you were a futile attempt to reason with you. The reality is that it's a waste of time to debate with with a troll. But please do babble away here in your playpen, hocomania is of no use to anyone seeking to learn about personal finance, but at least it does have some entertainment value! :lol:
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/29/08 at 14:07:12

Yipee-Ki-O wrote:
There has never been any poster in the history of that board who generated as many questions with his stuff as I did.

Not sure if we should score that as a deception or a delusion.

I vote for double word score: "deceptive delusion"   :D
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 07/29/08 at 14:18:16

DRiP Guy wrote:
Yipee-Ki-O wrote:

Not sure if we should score that as a deception or a delusion.

I vote for double word score: "deceptive delusion" ? :D

Sure, why not! Hocus has great fun making up words and meanings, his audience of Merry Goons might as well get in on some of that action as well! ;) :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 07/29/08 at 20:25:17

More love notes being passed between Rob and JWR in the comments section . . .

**LINK**
JWR: It is similar to passive on the allocation: 100% stocks, but in two portfolios. It accepts current prices as is. But it avoids prices after the initial purchase.

Rob: You?re raising an interesting question, John. I can only give a tentative response because we have not yet had an opportunity as a community to explore this sort of question in depth and so I don?t feel confident that I yet appreciate all the angles that need to be considered. I also have only a weak understanding of the Dividend-Blend approach.

Ok, I'll bite. Where is this community located that will explore John's question in depth?

Schroeder
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/29/08 at 20:55:46

Schroeder wrote:More love notes being passed between Rob and JWR in the comments section . . .

**LINK**
JWR: It is similar to passive on the allocation: 100% stocks, but in two portfolios. It accepts current prices as is. But it avoids prices after the initial purchase.

Rob: You?re raising an interesting question, John. I can only give a tentative response because we have not yet had an opportunity as a community to explore this sort of question in depth and so I don?t feel confident that I yet appreciate all the angles that need to be considered. I also have only a weak understanding of the Dividend-Blend approach.

Ok, I'll bite. Where is this community located that will explore John's question in depth?

Schroeder

I'm sure it is only a matter of days before Plop II will have to move to a new server from the increased  comment traffic as Free-n-0pen posting finally comes to Planetzzzz Itarwebzzzz courtesy of these two.
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/29/08 at 20:58:51

Schroeder wrote:
Rob: You?re raising an interesting question, John. I can only give a tentative response...

The word count of Rob's "tentative" response?

Over one thousand words.

As Dave Barry sometimes has to alert his audience: I am not making this up.

:lol:
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 07/29/08 at 21:48:06

[highlight]When Rob says;[/highlight]

I also have only a weak understanding of the Dividend-Blend approach.

[highlight]What he means is;[/highlight]

I have only a weak understanding of everything I babble about!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Previous

Return to Honest and Informed Early Retirement Board