Deleted Comments are Preserved

Rob Bennett doesn't support the free wheeling, uncensored discussion he enjoys at the REHP forum on his own blog. He often deletes reader comments for no reason and without warning. When we're quick enough to catch them before they're deleted, we'll preserve the comments here.

Deleted Comments are Preserved

Postby Schroeder » 10/07/06 at 13:36:18

I see that hocus has deleted a number of comments from his blog area in recent days. For anyone interested in reading those deleted comments, the first bit of each one is preserved at Hocoresearcher Labs:

http://hocomania.bigmoneyjim.com/aggregator/sources/5

Schroeder
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Re: Deleted Comments are Preserved

Postby intercst » 10/07/06 at 14:49:31

Schroeder wrote:I see that hocus has deleted a number of comments from his blog area in recent days. For anyone interested in reading those deleted comments, the first bit of each one is preserved at Hocoresearcher Labs:

http://hocomania.bigmoneyjim.com/aggregator/sources/5

Schroeder

That comment aggregator is a phenomenol resource. Is there any way to capture the full text of the comment instead of the first 100 words or so?

intercst
Some people are leaders, some are followers, and a few don't want to join the parade.
intercst
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 10/07/06 at 14:59:38

Is there any way to capture the full text of the comment instead of the first 100 words or so?

Yeah. That guy said "Woof!" about 500 times and we only get to see that first 100 times.

Not good.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 10/07/06 at 15:27:36

intercst wrote:That comment aggregator is a phenomenol resource. Is there any way to capture the full text of the comment instead of the first 100 words or so?

The aggregator pulls published RSS feeds from hocus' blog and the associated HaloScan comments that are meant for syndication. The source limits the text pulled. The publisher (hocus and haloscan) have the option to syndicate the full text or a portion, and they have opted to syndicate just part.

Getting the whole comment would require additional scripting (=work), where the RSS functionality just required some basic (albeit informed) configuring. If I get the chance maybe I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and I'm glad people like it!
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 10/07/06 at 16:34:41

hocus wrote:Yeah. That guy said "Woof!" about 500 times and we only get to see that first 100 times.

Even better was the also deleted follow-up to the Woof! Woof! Woof!.... post that said that it made somewhat more sense than hocus.  :D
Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Return to Deleted Comments from Rob Bennett's Passion Saving Hoco-Blob