Clyde

Rob Bennett doesn't support the free wheeling, uncensored discussion he enjoys at the REHP forum on his own blog. He often deletes reader comments for no reason and without warning. When we're quick enough to catch them before they're deleted, we'll preserve the comments here.

Clyde

Postby Schroeder » 02/22/06 at 23:29:59

It's showtime, folks.

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/robben ... _11/#59858

Dear Mr. Bennett,

My spouse and I need your help. Please bear with us, as we must first provide a preface.

As a team of financial consultants, we have devoted these last several years to traveling throughout this great nation, attempting to convince the unwashed masses, the ignorami, of the dire consequences that await them if they fail to follow intelligent, educated, and prudent financial plans. We were aided in our efforts by our assistant Clyde.

Clyde would shamble out onto the stage and sag onto a folding metal chair provided for him. Although only middle-aged, he had led a dismal life and it showed. He was thin and bony, except for his pot belly, had a yellow pallor (reflecting his years on the bottle) and his few remaining teeth were brown (reflecting his addiction to tobacco). Rheumy eyes and lank hair. He stank, washing was a habit he lost during his years spent sleeping on the street. Clyde would slump in the chair, a thin line of drool running down his sagging jaw, occasionally uttering a wet, gagging cough and making rude noises from his body and indecent proposals to the women in the audience.

Clyde?s role, of course, was to provide an example of the fate that can befall one that fails to rely upon a sound financial plan. Trained as an attorney and once a would-be author, he had lost everything: family and home, mental and physical health.

Clyde, sadly, died this winter.

Now, here?s our question: Would you be willing to take the job as his replacement?

Gruener and Purpurroter Frosch
Anonymous | 02.22.06 - 11:08 pm | #

And no, it's not me, either.
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Re: Clyde

Postby tmeri » 02/23/06 at 00:00:11

Hysterical! Someone, please, make copies of tonight's blobosode.
Claim to fame -- first ever to win hocus bingo.

Hocus does not have my permission to use my words or stories anywhere, ever.

We have MOVIES!  Financial Freedom Movies
tmeri
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 02/23/06 at 00:04:12

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoever it is apparently takes requests! :lol:
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Hee!

Postby tmeri » 02/23/06 at 00:18:54

Rob has already weighed in:

People, people who need people.
Are the luckiest people in the world.

Rob
Rob Bennett | Homepage | 02.23.06 - 12:17 am | #

tmeri
***** God Member

Postby tmeri » 02/23/06 at 00:30:33

OK, he got serious:

I might be seriously willing to potentially consider this offer, presuming that you can aid me in getting a description of our important work placed in either the New York Times or the Journal of Irreproducible Results. We need to do what we can to get the word out, fairly and accurately and honestly, about what the historical data really says on the question of how difficult it is to support yourself once you have lost your job, have inadequate savings, and make poor investment decisions. Food stamps aside, I personally have been shocked that major institutions have failed to honor their responsibilities. An obvious example is a major building supply center, the Home Depot. Believe it or not, this firm is perfectly willing to sell you sinks, flooring, insulation, etc. - but they sing a very different tune if you try to sell some back to them when you are a bit strapped for cash because the kids need to go to the dentist or your supply of thorazine runs low! They must be called to account before their failure to allow people to extract equity from their homes causes millions of retirements to go bust.
Rob Bennett | 02.23.06 - 12:28 am | #

tmeri
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 02/23/06 at 08:32:54

Heh, hocus deleted two posts but left the lyrics saying they weren't his, but he couldn't bear to delete them.

May I recommend that hocus and JWR look into cryptographic message signing? Like PGP signatures? That way your posts couldn't be faked.
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby gw » 02/23/06 at 10:35:06

May I recommend that hocus and JWR look into cryptographic message signing? Like PGP signatures?

Surely you jest!   Using PGP for signatures in a message board is far beyond hocum's skill set and its use requires a minimally organized mind - thus it is beyond JWR also.

If he somehow does figure out how to use PGP, it's easiest just to encrypt an entire file.   Given that only the two of them are allowed to contribute to the messages, they should encrypt the entire hocoblog as a single file and e-mail it back and forth between the two of them.    Readership and value would remain the same.  
Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"
http://boards.fool.com/the-differences-between-how-dory36s-online-17225279.aspx
Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 02/23/06 at 11:25:24

gw wrote:Surely you jest!   Using PGP for signatures in a message board is far beyond hocum's skill set and its use requires a minimally organized mind - thus it is beyond JWR also.

Yeah, but I'd love to see them try. It'd be funny. I had to say it with a straight face, though. Furthermore if they did use crypto signatures they could still be faked as most people wouldn't bother to actually verify them. (shhh! shhh! hocus and JWR don't read this!)

From the humor and IP-ban-evasion I had a guess who the culprit was, but he denied any involvement and has been away from hocomania for a long time. He said he laughed himself breathless when I sent him a few pester quotes, though. IP-ban-evading isn't hard, but many are afraid of trying things with their PCs, so I'm assuming it's a techie type. Not that it matters. And it's not me; I am enjoying myself fine restricting my hocoresearch writings to the "Can Retiring Early Make You Crazy" boards.
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby gw » 02/23/06 at 11:32:17

BTW, I think the German may have been lost on hocum.
gw
***** God Member

Postby arrete » 02/23/06 at 11:38:27

BTW, I think the German may have been lost on hocum.

Well, I don't do German either. ?However, by putting it into Google's translator, I get

Gruener and Purpurroter Frosch = Greener and magenta-red frog

Close enough to get the idea. ?;D

arrete
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
arrete
***** God Member

Postby gw » 02/23/06 at 11:50:52

I don't think German has a specific name for the color we call purple.  
gw
***** God Member

Postby tashina » 02/23/06 at 12:19:40

I think the German word for purple is lila for a lilac sort of color. They also use violett for the more grape popsicle purple.

Here's a good link:
http://www.main.cz/colors/color_names.htm
tashina
***** God Member

Return to Deleted Comments from Rob Bennett's Passion Saving Hoco-Blob