The Inside of the Back Cover...

Rob Bennett is paying for vanity-published books and articles in various newspapers and magazines. Here we will discuss these attempts to gain glory in the public eye.

The Inside of the Back Cover...

Postby tashina » 02/13/06 at 23:55:32

...truly deserves it's own post.

I just love the first sentence...so humble, so self-effacing, so very Hocus-like.

Rob Bennett has helped tens of thousands of middle class workers win financial freedom early in life.

How do you think he's compiling those statistics?

Also mentions the days of the Soapbox report and says about himself:

...his discussion board was often hailed as one of the most thought provoking on the internet.

Which discussion board was his?

You know, in the acknowledgements, I am suprised he didn't thank himself for being such an amazing guy.
tashina
***** God Member

Re: The Inside of the Back Cover...

Postby tmeri » 02/14/06 at 00:10:39

How do you think he's comiling those statistics?

He says tens of thousands. He must be counting the forty thousand visitors to this site each month. He thinks he's helping them win financial freedom. That is too funny!

Probably one of the ones he was banned from.

You know, in the acknowledgements, I am suprised he didn't thank himself for being such an amazing guy.

Snort.

I had no idea this book would be so much fun!
Claim to fame -- first ever to win hocus bingo.

Hocus does not have my permission to use my words or stories anywhere, ever.

We have MOVIES!  Financial Freedom Movies
tmeri
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 02/14/06 at 02:10:26

Discussion Board Hailer!
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 05/30/06 at 21:18:15

tashina wrote:...truly deserves it's own post.

I just love the first sentence...so humble, so self-effacing, so very Hocus-like.

Rob Bennett has helped tens of thousands of middle class workers win financial freedom early in life.

How do you think he's compiling those statistics?

Also mentions the days of the Soapbox report and says about himself:

...his discussion board was often hailed as one of the most thought provoking on the internet.

The book arrived today. I thought I'd go back and read tashina's threads to see if there was anything she already covered. That inside back cover really struck me, too.

And inside the front cover, hocus has excerpts from a few chapters. This one is wierd . . .

An individual using a budget to plan for his old-age retirement is like an entrepreneur using a budget to plan for the day he goes out of business. --Chapter Ten

This one is wierd, too . . .

Spending is the road to wealth. Everyone knows it too. We don't talk about it much because the conventional money management approach urges us to rein in spending and so it has become taboo to openly acknowledge how great a value proposition spending offers. --Chapter Four

And on the page that usually says something like this, "To my loving wife who's given me support to write this book." Hocus instead writes . . .

To the kind and generous soulful and passionate Sisters of Saint Joseph,
who taught with love at Saint Timothy's Parish parochial school in Northeast Philadelphia in the 1960's,
for seeing to it that I learned the basics of English grammer at a time in my life when I did not view it as a particularly strong value proposition to invest the time needed to do so
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 05/31/06 at 04:55:51

From "tens of thousands" to "hundreds of thousands" and now "millions" of retirements are at stake.

hocus is getting swept away by the wave.

When do we get to tens of millions?
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 05/31/06 at 05:45:29

From "tens of thousands" to "hundreds of thousands" and now "millions" of retirements are at stake.

Greaney has told us that there are 800 million coming to his site each month.

If we help out only 10 percent of those, that's 80 million people we help out each month.

Over time, it adds up.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby ogrecat » 05/31/06 at 08:35:00

who taught with love at Saint Timothy's Parish parochial school in Northeast Philadelphia in the 1960's,
for seeing to it that I learned the basics of English grammer at a time in my life when I did not view it as a particularly strong value proposition to invest the time needed to do so

An ungrammatical thank you to his grammar teachers. :-/
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
ogrecat
***** God Member

Postby ogrecat » 05/31/06 at 08:37:11

hocus wrote:From "tens of thousands" to "hundreds of thousands" and now "millions" of retirements are at stake.

Greaney has told us that there are 800 million coming to his site each month.

If we help out only 10 percent of those, that's 80 million people we help out each month.

Over time, it adds up.

Rob

Too bad the nuns didn't teach you about not lying while they were teaching  grammar. :o
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
ogrecat
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 05/31/06 at 09:41:15

Too bad the nuns didn't teach you about not lying while they were teaching ?grammar.

The nuns did what they could in the grammar department. A lot of the good stuff about how to tell a tale I had to pick up from the other kids.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby WiseNLucky » 09/02/06 at 01:46:46

Schroeder wrote:
tashina wrote:...truly deserves it's own post.

And on the page that usually says something like this, "To my loving wife who's given me support to write this book." Hocus instead writes . . .

OK, I had to come out of lurker mode and admit that I just spit my drink out my nose :lol:
WiseNLucky
* Newbies

Return to Rob Bennett Book and Media Discussion