How's the new book coming, Rob?

Rob Bennett is paying for vanity-published books and articles in various newspapers and magazines. Here we will discuss these attempts to gain glory in the public eye.

How's the new book coming, Rob?

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/02/08 at 18:30:31

Rob, How is the old book doing, and how is the new book coming?

You promised us you would tell us how many books you sold (see quote below) but I have yet to see you make good on that. Would you please do so?

Also, you are way behind schedule on releasing the new book! Given the quote from you below that you lose money on every copy of your current book, perhaps the delay on the new one is an economic necessity until you can save enough money to release it? Please, your waiting audience wants to know!

- 04/09/06 at 16:01:13 ?

I will of course be reporting on the sales of the book at my blog. One of the functions of the blog is to report on the growth of our movement. Each person who buys the book becomes a new community member and helps us grow by over time coming to share his or her insights with us. So I obviously will be reporting on that.

[T]he book has generated a tiny amount of money. It is certainly not anything even remotely in the neighborhood of what would be needed to cover a $60,000 shortfall. The $60,000 number comes jusst from taking the $10,000 in income I need each year and multiplying it by the six years. It's more complex than that, so that number is not precisely correct. ?But I think that's in the right ballpark. I've had some income, but I've also had expenses. There was $15,000 in net income from the Soapbox.com report. The expenses relating to the book are certainly far higher than the income from it at this point.
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Re: How's the new book coming, Rob?

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 05:23:13

There has to be some minimal level of honesty on the part of the Goons for this sort of discussion to have value for the community as a whole, Drip Guy.

You get to work on the honesty matter and then we can talk some more. Fair enough?

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

Luvya Boo! Please come back. I'm on TV now! A big star. Just like you wanted.
hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 07:08:35

Sure.

I agree wholeheartedly on this one, Rob.

What I need from you in terms of cooperation, however, is for you to just clearly and directly express in plain language exactly where you think I (or anyone) has been dishonest, with specificity, and I will try my own level best to address it.

You will note that I try to use direct quotes, links back to source material, multiple references, etc., and although you often express vague dissatisfaction with the accuracy of how you are portrayed on REHP, the fact is that you have YET, to my knowledge, taken any specific and particular exception to facts alleged here.

So, please be precise, and if anything I said is found to be in error, you can rest assured that I will hasten to correct it.

In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

Thanks!
DG
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 07:29:52

In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

The numbers in the Greaney SWR study.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 07/03/08 at 09:10:08

hocus2009 wrote:In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

Rob

hocus2009 wrote:I gave the study a five-star review at Soapbox.com because it does a good job of reporting the HSWR. I have no problem whatsoever with using that methodology to determine the HSWR. That's just what it does.

Rob
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby gw » 07/03/08 at 09:48:09

In particular, what is it [highlight]on this thread[/highlight] that you feel to be inaccurate?

Rob

That's the best you can do? ? A flat-out irrelevancy that contradicts your earlier statements?

Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"
http://boards.fool.com/the-differences-between-how-dory36s-online-17225279.aspx
Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 11:40:26

I gave the study a five-star review at Soapbox.com because it does a good job of reporting the HSWR.

You should be asking yourself why a good number of Passive Investors have elected to support Greany's efforts to burn numerous Retire Early/Indexing boards to the ground rather than insist that he acknowledge that the study reports the Historical Surviving Withdrawal Rate rather than the Safe Withdawal Rate and correct the study accordingly, Schroeder.

This reality says something of considerable importance about the Passive Investing approach and what it does to the emotions of investors who buy into it during a huge bull.

I would still give the study a five-star review today if it were corrected. At the time I gave it the five-star review, he had not engaged in deliberate deceptionzzz re the claims made in it. He was not aware of the errors in it at that time.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby gw » 07/03/08 at 12:43:55

You should be asking yourself why a good number of Passive Investors have elected to support Greany's efforts to burn numerous Retire Early/Indexing boards to the ground rather than insist that he acknowledge that the study reports the Historical Surviving Withdrawal Rate rather than the Safe Withdawal Rate and correct the study accordingly,

Your perceptions stimulate me to reply by quoting a song lyric:

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-haaa!

Remember when you ran away
And I got on my knees
And begged you not to leave
Because I'd go berserk?
Well. . .

You left me anyhow
And then the days got worse and worse
And now you see I've gone
Completely out of my mind
And. . .

They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

You thought it was a joke
And so you laughed
You laughed when I had said
That losing you would make me flip my lid
Right. . .

You know you laughed, I heard you laugh
You laughed, you laughed and laughed
And then you left
But now you know I'm utterly mad!
And. . .

To the happy home
With trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile
And twiddle their thumbs and toes

I cooked your food
I cleaned your house
And this is how you pay me back
For all my kind, unselfish loving deeds?!!
Hah. . .

Well you just wait
They'll find you yet
And when they do they'll
Put you in the ASPCA, you mangy mutt!
And. . .

To the funny farm
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men

To the happy home
With trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile
And twiddle their thumbs and toes

To the funny farm
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men

Sung by Napolean XIV
Lyrics by Jerry Samuels
Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"
http://boards.fool.com/the-differences-between-how-dory36s-online-17225279.aspx
Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 15:39:25

hocus2009 wrote:In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

Rob

What the flyin F***?   :o :-?

Rob, please go back to the original post.

Read it.

Now, either you are or else you are not saying that has an inaccuracy in it. Which is it?
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 15:53:17

Now, either you are or else you are not saying that has an inaccuracy in it. Which is it?

I pick "You are."

But then I'm just some guy who posts stuff on the internet.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 16:13:39

hocus2009 wrote:Now, either you are or else you are not saying that has an inaccuracy in it. Which is it?

I pick "You are."

But then I'm just some guy who posts stuff on the internet.

Rob

And the inaccuracy is....?
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 16:27:43

The butler in the drawing room with a letter opener?

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 16:39:24

hocus2009 wrote:The butler in the drawing room with a letter opener?

Rob

Uh, yeah, good point. Thanks. I now know I can take you seriously as an investment advisor, and that you are a man of your words. Uh. Not.
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 16:52:24

Okay, so it wasn't the butler in the drawing room with a letter opener.

Might it have been the nanny in the kitchen with a spatula?

I'm fairly confident that it was someone somewhere with something.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 17:12:43

hocus2009 wrote:Okay, so it wasn't the butler in the drawing room with a letter opener.

Might it have been the nanny in the kitchen with a spatula?

I'm fairly confident that it was someone somewhere with something.

Rob

?Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.? Proverbs 20:1
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Next

Return to Rob Bennett Book and Media Discussion