[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Retire Early Home Page • View topic - How's the new book coming, Rob?

How's the new book coming, Rob?

Rob Bennett is paying for vanity-published books and articles in various newspapers and magazines. Here we will discuss these attempts to gain glory in the public eye.

How's the new book coming, Rob?

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/02/08 at 18:30:31

Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Re: How's the new book coming, Rob?

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 05:23:13

If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

Luvya Boo! Please come back.
hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 07:08:35

Sure.

I agree wholeheartedly on this one, Rob.

What I need from you in terms of cooperation, however, is for you to just clearly and directly express in plain language exactly where you think I (or anyone) has been dishonest, with specificity, and I will try my own level best to address it.

You will note that I try to use direct quotes, links back to source material, multiple references, etc., and although you often express vague dissatisfaction with the accuracy of how you are portrayed on REHP, the fact is that you have YET, to my knowledge, taken any specific and particular exception to facts alleged here.

So, please be precise, and if anything I said is found to be in error, you can rest assured that I will hasten to correct it.

In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

Thanks!
DG
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 07:29:52

In particular, what is it on this thread that you feel to be inaccurate?

The numbers in the Greaney SWR study.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 07/03/08 at 09:10:08

Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby gw » 07/03/08 at 09:48:09

Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"

Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 11:40:26

I gave the study a five-star review at Soapbox.com because it does a good job of reporting the HSWR.

You should be asking yourself why a good number of Passive Investors have elected to support Greany's efforts to burn numerous Retire Early/Indexing boards to the ground rather than insist that he acknowledge that the study reports the Historical Surviving Withdrawal Rate rather than the Safe Withdawal Rate and correct the study accordingly, Schroeder.

This reality says something of considerable importance about the Passive Investing approach and what it does to the emotions of investors who buy into it during a huge bull.

I would still give the study a five-star review today if it were corrected. At the time I gave it the five-star review, he had not engaged in deliberate deceptionzzz re the claims made in it. He was not aware of the errors in it at that time.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby gw » 07/03/08 at 12:43:55

Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"

Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 15:39:25

DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 15:53:17

Now, either you are or else you are not saying that has an inaccuracy in it. Which is it?

I pick "You are."

But then I'm just some guy who posts stuff on the internet.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 16:13:39

DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 16:27:43

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 16:39:24

DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 07/03/08 at 16:52:24

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 07/03/08 at 17:12:43

DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Next

Return to Rob Bennett Book and Media Discussion