Another paid placement...

Rob Bennett is paying for vanity-published books and articles in various newspapers and magazines. Here we will discuss these attempts to gain glory in the public eye.

Another paid placement...

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/05/07 at 22:34:53

Still paying people to post his revised version of the truth....

"Four years of research?"

And look at how he claims Burns and Bernstein support him. I wonder how they would feel about that!

Retirement Planning Tools Give Dangerous Advice

(ContentDesk via ContentDesk Direct) February 12, 2006 -- Most retirement planning tools offer dangerous advice to retirees seeking to determine how much they can withdraw each year from their stock portfolios, according to a four-year research project. Rob Bennett, founder of the Financial Freedom Community (a group of Internet discussion boards), today announced the launch of an effort to bring the community's findings to the attention of retirees before the flaws in the retirement planning tools cause millions of busted retirements. Thousands of the world s best savers and investors--middle-class workers who achieve financial freedom in their 40s or 50s--have studied this question in great depth,  said Bennett.  All of the evidence points to the same conclusion--most retirement planning tools are gravely flawed. The flaw is that most retirement planning tools identify a single withdrawal rate as  safe.  For example, a retirement planning tool might state that a retiree with an 80 percent S&P stock allocation can safely withdraw an inflation-adjusted 4 percent of her portfolio each year. The reality is that the safe withdrawal rate varies with changes in valuation levels. When stocks are at low valuations, the safe withdrawal rate for this allocation rises to 6 percent or more.

When stocks are at high valuations, it drops to 2 percent or less.The Financial Freedom Community s findings have been supported by two widely recognized investment experts--Dallas Morning News Columnist Scott Burns and William Bernstein, author of  The Four Pillars of Investing.  Burns wrote in a June 2005 column that: "A growing school of thought believes future withdrawal rates should be reduced to reflect expected lower future returns.  Bernstein stated in his book that analyzes based on historical stock-return data but failing to make adjustments for changes in valuation levels offer results that are  highly misleading  at times of high valuations.The first step being used to warn retirees of the dangerous retirement planning tool claims is the formation of the www.Early-Retirement-Planning-Insights.com web site. The new site contains over 100 articles describing the most important safe withdrawal rate research of recent years, the work done by John Walter Russell.Rob Bennett writes the daily  Financial Freedom Blog  and is the author of  Passion Saving: The Path to Plentiful Free Time and Soul-Satisfying Work.  He is also publisher of the PassionSaving.com web site..

http://www.thefinancialplanningworld.ne ... nfo/151877

What is "thefinancialplanningworld.net"?

Looks like a 'vanity' website -- right up Hocus' alley:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Through: DomainsByProxy.com
  Domain Name: THEFINANCIALPLANNINGWORLD.NET
     Created on: 04-Dec-06

internet marketing and content site publishing!
Inside our 24-Page FREE REPORT you?ll learn...

* The Authority Site Formula - the profit-producing Mind Map that outlines the steps you must take to create profitable authority sites.
   * Learn the anatomy of a successful authority site - just like any puzzle there are pieces that must be in place for your site rise above the crowd.
   * The secrets of Visitor Optimization (VO) and Content Optimization (CO) - the two must-haves in authority site planning and execution.
   * The in's and out's of building sites that create return visitors, generate loyal subscribers, and fill your pockets with cash.

There is no guarantee that you will make these levels of income and you accept the risk that the earnings and income statements differ by individual.

As with any business, your results may vary, and will be based on your individual capacity, business experience, expertise, and level of desire. There are no guarantees concerning the level of success you may experience. The testimonials and examples used are exceptional results, which do not apply to the average purchaser, and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual?s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation.

There is no assurance that examples of past earnings can be duplicated in the future. We cannot guarantee your future results and/or success. There are some unknown risks in business and on the internet that we cannot foresee which can reduce results. We are not responsible for your actions.

The use of our information, products and services should be based on your own due diligence and you agree that our company is not liable for any success or failure of your business that is directly or indirectly related to the purchase and use of our information, products and services.

http://contentdesk.com/signup.php
http://www.authoritysitecenter.com/
http://www.authoritysitecenter.com/earnings.html
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Re: Another paid placement...

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/05/07 at 22:44:22

I'm a little surprised that even with Rob's check presumably not bouncing, that he managed to squeak through the high editorial standards of this fine establishment:

Editorial Guidelines for Article Publication at Content Desk

Content Desk is only interested in high quality, expert articles from authors who write not just to get more traffic, but to inform readers.

Therefore we have enacted a strict policy against publishing articles that serve no obvious purpose other than to spam content directories like ours with links.

If a poor article slips by us initially, one of our content editors WILL catch it and delete it from our database.

We feel the net is just about full of junk content and we don't want to add to that problem by becoming a dumping ground for unprofessional writers who are looking to boost their link popularity.

Spending time (or money) creating articles that are informative, well written, and leave our readers with something they can use without having to click on your link to get ?the rest of the story? is the best business practice you can have as a writer.

It is good for branding, good for your business, and good for the internet community. Don't post poorly written articles here. They will not be published.

Grammar and Style

We understand that the internet is an international community of people from all over the globe who speak many languages. Content Desk is an english speaking and writing community. Although we want to welcome articles from anyone who can abide by our editorial policies, we cannot accept articles that are not written for an english speaking audience.

Please spell check your articles before submission with software and with your eyes. Software misses spelling mistakes sometimes.

Use a simple and clear style for best results and if you have poor writing skills, please seek the help of one of the many writers for hire for editing or for writing your articles for you.

We promise your business will prosper with these simple rules. Appeal to our readers and you will get more traffic and customers.

Turn them off and your click rate in your byline will suffer greatly. Knowing your audience is step one in writing for the web and in your industry.

Article Length

Commonly accepted articles lengths range from 500 words to 1000 words. Go over 1000 and you will have a harder time being picked up by publishers. Go under 500 and people will think your article is not a serious piece to pick up.

http://contentdesk.com/guidelines.php
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/05/07 at 22:53:25

And PRWEB again. Gotta be a lot of "Fun Units" to keep paying for these placements....

18. Retirement Planning Tools Give Dangerous Advice

Most retirement planning tools offer dangerous advice to retirees seeking to determine how much they can afford to withdraw each year from their stock portfolios, according to a four-year research project.

(PRWEB) February 12, 2006 -- Most retirement planning tools offer dangerous advice to retirees seeking to determine how much they can withdraw each year from their stock portfolios, according to a four-year research project. Rob Bennett, founder of the Financial Freedom Community (a group of Internet discussion boards)...

http://www.insurancebroadcasting.com/021406.htm

I thought it was humorous that my same search happened to bring up this false positive ("Bill Bennett instead of "rob bennett" is on the page). Gee, which article would I more likely believe?

"1994 formula for nest egg withdrawal still works"
By Lynn O'Shaughnessy
Monday, August 14, 2006

Back in 1994, William P. Bengen published an ambitious study in the Journal of Financial Planning that pinpointed how much you or I should be able to withdraw each year from our retirement accounts without busting the bank.

Bengen's study, which shredded the conventional wisdom on this subject, elevated the fee-only planner's standing in the financial community from "Who's he?" to something akin to Paul Bunyon.

Specifically, Bengen figured out the maximum percentage of your money that you can withdraw safely. He also made recommendations on what mix of investments your portfolio should contain to ensure a nest egg's longevity. In the intervening years, Bengen's sagacious advice has been adopted by financial planners across the country, as well as Wall Street's big boys.

Not long ago, Bengen decided to revisit his calculations to see if they still stood up. He discovered that they had.

He included his findings, with updated figures, in his new book, "Conserving Client Portfolios During Retirement." In the book, you'll discover his magic number: 4.15. That's the percentage of your portfolio that you should be able to withdraw when you first retire.

After this initial calculation, however, you can discard that percentage forever. Instead, each year you take the amount of the previous year's withdrawal and increase it by the inflation rate.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Lynn ... till_works
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/07 at 01:50:21

I emailed the article to Mr. Burns on the off chance that an internet troll mischaracterizing the contents of one of his columns would be of interest to him. No doubt Mr. Burns has encounterd many a nut case during the course of his writing career. But it seemed appropriate to me that Mr. Burns should be made aware that an especially persistent nut case is using Scott Burns' good name to further the hoco-loco agenda.
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby yakers » 03/07/07 at 14:09:22

DRiP Guy wrote:I'm a little surprised that even with Rob's check presumably not bouncing, that he managed to squeak through the high editorial standards of this fine establishment:

Editorial Guidelines for Article Publication at Content Desk

Content Desk is only interested in high quality, expert articles from authors who write not just to get more traffic, but to inform readers.

Therefore we have enacted a strict policy against publishing articles that serve no obvious purpose other than to spam content directories like ours with links.

Use a simple and clear style for best results and if you have poor writing skills, please seek the help of one of the many writers for hire for editing or for writing your articles for you.

We promise your business will prosper with these simple rules. Appeal to our readers and you will get more traffic and customers.

Turn them off and your click rate in your byline will suffer greatly. Knowing your audience is step one in writing for the web and in your industry.

"if you have poor writing skills"......... looks like the key writing skill they are looking for is writing checks
yakers

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/07/07 at 17:43:19

yakers wrote:
"if you have poor writing skills"......... looks like the key writing skill they are looking for is writing checks

He he he  ;D
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Return to Rob Bennett Book and Media Discussion