Welcome Diehards

Rob Bennett is paying for vanity-published books and articles in various newspapers and magazines. Here we will discuss these attempts to gain glory in the public eye.

Welcome Diehards

Postby Schroeder » 05/15/06 at 18:32:10

jason375 made this post over at Diehards conversation 50422 M* Link

14. not a psychiatrist
jason375| 05-15-06 | 05:32 AM
but maybe bobsmith is:

When I worked in a psychiatric setting I was on a treatment team consisting of physicians and other professionals. We always had one or two patients who behaved in a "passive-aggressive" manner. These folks consumed countless hours of our time. They irritated and frustrated others in countless small ways, but always stayed within the boundaries of socially acceptable behavior.

I found this link to an early-tetirement.org post over at the retireearlyhomepage.com boards link

I think early-retirement is one of the boards where rob was thanked for his insight and asked not to post again.

<snip>

And then jason linked to this board . . .

<snip>

johncraig, have your read Rob's book? I would be interested in your imporessions. So far I just have seen what they are saying over here
It seems that you may be the diehard who is most fascinated with Rob. Thanks for starting yet another Rob Bennet thread,

So to all you Diehards who have just found us, I say Welcome! ?[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] If you have questions about Rob Bennett (hocus), don't hesitate to ask. We're experts.

Did you know that Rob Bennett is the founder of the Financial Freedom Community? It's true. And as members of his flock, we have dedicated this and other message boards ( LINK ) to our fearless leader. A dedicated member of the Financial Freedom Community has put up his own website that is also devoted to the study of Rob Bennett. It's called Hocoresearcher Labs. LINK

Schroeder
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Re: Welcome Diehards

Postby Schroeder » 05/15/06 at 18:44:33

Schroeder wrote:I found this link to an early-tetirement.org post over at the retireearlyhomepage.com boards link

I think early-retirement is one of the boards where rob was thanked for his insight and asked not to post again.

I clicked that link at early-retirement.org and found a bit of interesting "behind the scenes" history of hocus' book.

ChocoKitty
I never threatened to sue you and you know that. I simply said that you should get your permissions forms squared away before you proceed and I don't take to intellectual property violations kindly (because, uh, I'm an intellectual property lawyer).

And you never indicated that it was just a title. You had said that you had an entire chapter named after me, which implied that you were planning on using the posts I had written when I was considering turning down a promotion and writing a story about that.

But what the hell, people can wade through all the nonsense themselves and come up with their own conclusions:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid= ... e#19002553

I still have no clue what sparked this reaction:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19003289

Whatever.
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby arrete » 05/15/06 at 20:00:53

This just shows that hocus has absolutely no regard for anyone other than himself.

hocus:
ChocoKitty is cooked. She has an entire Chapter named after her (Chapter 10, "The Woman Who Hoped Not to Be Promoted"). Creeped out or not creeped out, my prediction is that she puts her money down on the table all the same.

As far as I know, CK did not waste her money on a hoco book.

I like this response from Eurotrash
CK. Leave this oron-may alone. Your time should be spent enjoying a nice glass of whine rather than replying to someone who has now become a troll. Life is short.

Euro [While YKW {that's hocus}has been moaning about overpriced equities, my pile has advanced by 2 years worth of expenses. Drinks on me.]

And hocus is still out of equities. ?This was written in May 2003.

And this - hee! ?From cevera:
Where I come from you're [hocus] referred to as "All hat, and no cattle." You can talk a good game, but you haven't come through with the goods. You could put all of this to rest by just keeping quiet until you post something of substance

Three years later and hocus is still "All hat and no cattle" and definitely no substance.

Thanks for the pointer, Schroeder.

arrete
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
arrete
***** God Member

Postby ataloss » 05/16/06 at 21:00:50

it is amazing that this hocomania has ranged over so many boards and so many years
Rob, please get help: Loudoun County Mental Health 703-771-5100  I am not a mental health professional. I am not qualified to diagnose or treat. Get help. What do you have to lose? Your current course is catastrophically unproductive.
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 05/16/06 at 21:14:13

ataloss wrote:it is amazing that this hocomania has ranged over so many boards and so many years

LOL! You make a good point, ataloss. I think the numbers will back me up on this. But suspect we have at least 10 more years of hocomania to go. Or until JWR's 10-year real return forecast on the S&P 500 rises above real returns on TIPS.

Schroeder
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby ataloss » 05/19/06 at 06:03:16

I think Rob has found a home at morningstar. If he can take down diehards like he did nfb it would be a real triumph. OTOH merely getting banned (highly unlikely) would add another credential to his resume.
Rob, please get help: Loudoun County Mental Health 703-771-5100  I am not a mental health professional. I am not qualified to diagnose or treat. Get help. What do you have to lose? Your current course is catastrophically unproductive.
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 09/01/06 at 14:55:40

Jason linked just to this tread. I thought I'd bump up this "Welcome Diehards" thread for our guests. :roll:

**LINK**
61. There is an online review of the book
jason375| 09-01-06 | 02:31 PM
link

some pretty amusing comments I thought
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby tmeri » 09/01/06 at 15:21:26

Schroeder wrote:Jason linked just to this tread. I thought I'd bump up this "Welcome Diehards" thread for our guests. :roll:

Question for the moderator--do you actually allow bumping here?  :P
Claim to fame -- first ever to win hocus bingo.

Hocus does not have my permission to use my words or stories anywhere, ever.

We have MOVIES!  Financial Freedom Movies
tmeri
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 01/12/14 at 09:58:05

Schroeder wrote:
ataloss wrote:it is amazing that this hocomania has ranged over so many boards and so many years

LOL! You make a good point, ataloss. I think the numbers will back me up on this. But suspect we have at least 10 more years of hocomania to go. Or until JWR's 10-year real return forecast on the S&P 500 rises above real returns on TIPS.

Schroeder

As a somewhat  regular contributor myself, who is not such a great forecaster (so I don't usually indulge!) , I'm very proud of the level and accuracy of prognostication and forecasting by other members that has been provided on this board over the years, especially when contrasted to Rob's own uber-lame attempts at predicting the future - including his own!

8-)
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Return to Rob Bennett Book and Media Discussion