from the plop today

Get the latest happenings from the world of Russell-mania. Learn how to become your own sorcerer's apprentice and mine financial statistics, torture numbers, and delete inconvenient data points to support your theories. Russell often teams up with Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving to form the Troll Brothers when they post in tandem on Internet discussion boards.

from the plop today

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/20/12 at 15:29:55

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/

I?ll give you an example that I think makes the case in compelling fashion. John Walter Russell devoted eight years of his life to researching Valuation-Informed Indexing without receiving a dime of compensation in return.

I think it's fair to say John Walter Russell's pay was commensurate with the value of his work. As is the compensation the surving member of the DynamicDuo? receives for his Wide World of Hocomania Show. The market has placed a value of $0 for the fruit of his decade-long trolling career. ?;D
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Re: from the plop today

Postby gw » 02/03/13 at 09:06:55

Poor JWR - he spent the last few years of his life demonstrating that he was an incompetent gasbag.   I still remember when it was exposed that he used correlation coefficient values, but didn't actually know what they meant, or that said he used regression analyses but fitted the lines "by eye"  (calibrated eyeballs yielded values accurate to three significant figures!).   He dumped all that effort into his website, which is completely ignored.   The ONLY person that thought highly of him was an angry troll also wasting his life.

Sad.
Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"
http://boards.fool.com/the-differences-between-how-dory36s-online-17225279.aspx
Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Re: from the plop today

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 02/03/13 at 14:22:11

gw wrote:Poor JWR - he spent the last few years of his life demonstrating that he was an incompetent gasbag. ? I still remember when it was exposed that he used correlation coefficient values, but didn't actually know what they meant, or that said he used regression analyses but fitted the lines "by eye" ?(calibrated eyeballs yielded values accurate to three significant figures!). ? He dumped all that effort into his website, which is completely ignored. ? The ONLY person that thought highly of him was an angry troll also wasting his life.

Sad.

I think it's fair to say Rob's late sidekick lived and Rob is living a catastrophically unproductive life. Birds of a feather....
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Russell-mania