The grumpy get grumpier!

Get the latest happenings from the world of Russell-mania. Learn how to become your own sorcerer's apprentice and mine financial statistics, torture numbers, and delete inconvenient data points to support your theories. Russell often teams up with Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving to form the Troll Brothers when they post in tandem on Internet discussion boards.

The grumpy get grumpier!

Postby Zdeerman » 05/11/09 at 18:36:25

JWR1945 Said,
May 9th, 2009 @8:08 pm ?

Techtimer,

Rob and I use PE10 to determine stock valuations and future market performance. Anyone with honesty and knowledge must acknowledge that this is the single most valid technique.

Many people ask Rob to describe how our investing system performs compared to pas sive investing systems, such as staying persistently invested in something like the Coffeehouse Portfolio or the Wellington Fund.

We never dignify such rude and impertinent questions with a response.

Instead, you should make the effort and actually read my website or Rob?s.

Such questions merely demonstrate the existence of a wide conspiracy (by what Rob terms ?goons?) to suppress the truth about investing.

Have fun.

http://weakonomics.com/2009/05/05/some- ... ket-rally/
Rob Bennett is a vile and despicable liar.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Re: The grumpy get grumpier!

Postby Schroeder » 05/11/09 at 19:40:47

Zdeerman wrote:Such questions merely demonstrate the existence of a wide conspiracy (by what Rob terms ?goons?) to suppress the truth about investing.

I had no idea that there are Goons far and wide. The only Goons I know congregate at this little place on Planet Internet. Since when did our numbers grow to such an extent that it is now a wide conspiracy engaged in suppressing the truth about investing on web blogs throughout Planet Internet?

Schroeder ?:-?
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby Zdeerman » 05/11/09 at 20:55:37

Schroeder wrote:I had no idea that there are Goons far and wide.
Schroeder

Apparently we are everywhere they look...
DELAHUNT
Of course I know how to spot a cop.

FITZY
Oh yeah, how's that?

DELAHUNT
If he's not paying attention to us,
he's a cop.

DELAHUNT
See that guy over there, he's a
cop. He's not paying attention to
us. He's a cop.

FITZY
Lot of ... cops.

A WOMAN walks by definitely ignoring both men, dragging a
lapdog.

FITZY
"What kind of dog is that?"

No response.

FITZY
She's a cop.

BILLY steps out, ignoring DELAHUNT and FITZY.

DELAHUNT
You're a cop.

BILLY
Huh?

DELAHUNT
You're ignoring us. You're a cop.
We're guessing who cops are. Most
good looking women are cops.

BILLY
Right. I'm going home.
Rob Bennett is a vile and despicable liar.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 05/11/09 at 23:04:33

Rude? Impertinent? Oh dear me, my bad. :oops: ?I forgot that PE10/Lucky 7 is not an investment strategy; PE10/Lucky 7 is a religion! :o How dare me ask Rob or his boy-pal JWR :-* to show any evidence that PE10/Lucky 7 can outperform an actual investing strategy such as the Coffeehouse Portfolio or Vanguard's Wellington Fund. And since PE10/Lucky 7ism is a religion, no wonder neither is willing to entertain any skepticism about their religion. No, to be a true believer in PE10/Lucky 7ism one must accept that Rob and JWR know best and mere mortals should not question the deities. No evidence is necessary because faith requires that all accept without question the teachings of the DynamicDuo. Lucky 7 must outperfom pas sive strategies because Rob and JWR say it does. All questions are contained in the twin bibles of PE10/Lucky 7ism, the HocoPlop and the JWR Briarpatch. Now suitably chastened, I'm off to have fun as the Holy Geezer PE10/Lucky 7 God has commanded! :lol:
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby a2z » 05/16/09 at 23:48:20

Many people ask Rob to describe how our investing system performs ...

We never dignify such rude and impertinent questions with a response.

Wow!!! ... just Wow!!!  

Asking someone to describe how their investing system performs qualifies as [highlight]rude and impertinent[/highlight].  You can't discredit these two nearly as much as they manage to discredit themselves.
a2z

Return to The Best of Russell-mania