JWR Smackdown at M*

Get the latest happenings from the world of Russell-mania. Learn how to become your own sorcerer's apprentice and mine financial statistics, torture numbers, and delete inconvenient data points to support your theories. Russell often teams up with Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving to form the Troll Brothers when they post in tandem on Internet discussion boards.

JWR Smackdown at M*

Postby Schroeder » 05/06/09 at 19:35:36

Some of those M* C0mmunity Members are not buying JWR's Kool-aid. Lots of back-and-forth. Here's a sample . . .

**LINK**

bilperk: A "free lunch" in investment terms is when you get more return continuously and predictably than the market for the same or less risk.

JWR: This has been demonstrated repeatedly.

The academic studies indicating otherwise are hopelessly flawed. They insist on buying a mutual fund at the peak of returns--buy high--not waiting to buy low.

bilperk: Oh now I get it. ?Its a free lunch as long as you time it correctly, like when Taco Bell gave away a free taco to everyone in the US on a certain day at 3:00 PM because some baseball player stole a base in the World Series or something, or someone else did something in the Olympics.

:lol:
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Re: JWR Smackdown at M*

Postby Zdeerman » 05/06/09 at 19:48:20

JWR is a blithering idiot.
Rob Bennett is a vile and despicable liar.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 05/06/09 at 23:03:54

Zdeerman wrote:JWR is a blithering idiot.

And as such, makes the perfect companion for our little hocotroll! ;)
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 05/07/09 at 06:59:54

The level of emotion evidenced in the posts tells the tale of how confident those putting forward the posts are in their beliefs.

This is why Passivezzz Investing never works in the long run. Even those who "believe" in it do not really believe in it.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

Luvya Boo! Please come back. I'm on TV now! A big star. Just like you wanted.
hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby Zdeerman » 05/07/09 at 08:22:25

hocus2009 wrote:The level of emotion evidenced in the posts tells the tale of how confident those putting forward the posts are in their beliefs.

This is why Passivezzz Investing never works in the long run. Even those who "believe" in it do not really believe in it.

Rob

Rob,

Pointing out that you two are tards does not require any emotion on my part except quizzical bemusement at what you two will pull next. You are an oddity to entertain, nothing more.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 05/07/09 at 08:23:45

I don't believe you, Drip Guy.

Rob
If you cherish lying and ruining internet communities as much as I do, please support me by buying many copies of my vanity book. Your children will love budget sex and your purchase is tax deductible (Schedule A: casualty loss).

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby Zdeerman » 05/07/09 at 08:28:39

hocus2009 wrote:I don't believe you, Drip Guy.

Rob

I really don't give a sh*t whether you do or don't, Rob.  ;D
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 05/07/09 at 09:11:17

hocus2009 wrote:The level of emotion evidenced in the posts tells the tale of how confident those putting forward the posts are in their beliefs.

Rob

Standard content-free hocus troll post.
Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Postby hocus2009 » 05/07/09 at 09:24:22

I really don't give a sh*t whether you do or don't, Rob.

The state of mind of the Passivezzz Investing Dogmatist, circa May 2009.

Rob

hocus2009
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 05/07/09 at 09:44:41

hocus2009 wrote:I really don't give a sh*t whether you do or don't, Rob.

Rob

So you're saying that the "Passivezzz" investor doesn't alter his investment strategy due to posts from a mentally disturbed troll on the internet? ?That doesn't seem so bad.
Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 05/07/09 at 11:20:41

Rob

Rob, are 17 years and 80 years long run?

[highlight]How do the results for Rob Bennett's Valuation-Informed Investing strategy compare to those of the Coffeehouse Portfolio over the 17-year period of 1991-2008? [/highlight]
? ? ?
[highlight]How do the results for Rob Bennett's Valuation-Informed Investing strategy compare to those of the Vanguard Wellington Fund since that funds inception date of 7/1/1929? [/highlight]
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Zdeerman » 05/07/09 at 13:35:57

hocus2009 wrote:I really don't give a sh*t whether you do or don't, Rob.

Rob

You don't know a thing about my investing style or outlook. You need to more carefully read my posts, boy.

Here is a hint -- the only thing I am rabidly "anti" is stupidity, and "pro" is truth and sensibility. So much for *my* dogmatism, such as it is.

Rob, you are the complete opposite on those counts, THAT is why you seldom find me in your court. I think it is fair to say I am the anti-Rob!!!!

:lol:
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 05/07/09 at 13:41:17

Familiarity breeds contempt; especially applicable in regards to one Rob Bennett.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Russell-mania