The Real JWR?

Get the latest happenings from the world of Russell-mania. Learn how to become your own sorcerer's apprentice and mine financial statistics, torture numbers, and delete inconvenient data points to support your theories. Russell often teams up with Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving to form the Troll Brothers when they post in tandem on Internet discussion boards.

The Real JWR?

Postby Zdeerman » 05/03/09 at 19:11:06

I know there was some confusion about which JWR was the "real: JWR some time ago, and so seeing this string of over the top comments on the Hocoplop, from the usually taciturn grumpy old pensioner from North Florida, something in me wonders if it isn't someone just pulling Hocus' leg a bit...

John Walter Russell said, in May 1st, 2009 at 10:44 am

William Bernstein is inconsistent throughout ?The Four Pillars of Investing.? Many people find the book hard to read. BUT as soon as you recognize that his numbers differ from place to place (i.e., numbers that are supposed to be the same), it becomes an easy read. Think in terms of plausibility arguments as opposed to logical proofs.

OTOH, William Bernstein is very honest in what I have seen of his internet postings.

Have fun.

John Walter Russell

John Walter Russell said, in May 3rd, 2009 at 10:01 am

You are much too modest about your own contribution and the creation of Valuation Informed Indexing. I still retain the Lucky 7 Archives button at my web site. It brings investors right back to this site.

Have fun.

John Walter Russell

John Walter Russell said, in May 3rd, 2009 at 10:34 am

Give yourself credit.

I never even considered the idea of making calculators before you asked for them. Now they are the most popular feature at my site.

As an engineer, I had been satisfied with generating equations. Now we have some great tools.

It never occurred to me how useful the Scenario Surfer would be until we built it. Then applications just started popping up all over the place.

You asked the right questions. You focused on investor needs.

Have fun.

John Walter Russell

http://tinyurl.com/cz9oae
Rob Bennett is a vile and despicable liar.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Russell-mania