Drat! All that 'number's guy' stuff lost?

Get the latest happenings from the world of Russell-mania. Learn how to become your own sorcerer's apprentice and mine financial statistics, torture numbers, and delete inconvenient data points to support your theories. Russell often teams up with Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving to form the Troll Brothers when they post in tandem on Internet discussion boards.

Drat! All that 'number's guy' stuff lost?

Postby Zdeerman » 04/15/09 at 13:36:18

JWR almost dropped his monocle:

April 14, 2009 Letters to the Editor

Updated: April 15, 2009.
Yahoo Briefcase
I received this letter from Thomas.

I noticed that Yahoo discontinued their service of the briefcase. I was particularly interested in looking into the spreadsheet you did regression analysis on PE10. I have tried to do this myself, but do not come up with an R2 close to as good as yours. I was hoping to reconcile the differences to see how much credence I put into PE10. If you have listed your spreadsheets on another service please let me know. Otherwise if you would be so kind as to send me one with a regression analysis of PE10 I would greatly appreciate it.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE

Thank you. I did not know that Yahoo had discontinued its briefcase service. This came as quite a surprise.

http://www.early-retirement-planning-in ... -2009.html

Have Fun!

:lol:
Rob Bennett is a vile and despicable liar.
Zdeerman
***** God Member

Re: Drat! All that 'number's guy' stuff lost?

Postby Schroeder » 04/15/09 at 14:25:43

Zdeerman wrote:JWR almost dropped his monocle:

April 14, 2009 Letters to the Editor

Updated: April 15, 2009.
Yahoo Briefcase
I received this letter from Thomas.

I noticed that Yahoo discontinued their service of the briefcase. I was particularly interested in looking into the spreadsheet you did regression analysis on PE10. I have tried to do this myself, but do not come up with an R2 close to as good as yours. I was hoping to reconcile the differences to see how much credence I put into PE10. If you have listed your spreadsheets on another service please let me know. Otherwise if you would be so kind as to send me one with a regression analysis of PE10 I would greatly appreciate it.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE

Thank you. I did not know that Yahoo had discontinued its briefcase service. This came as quite a surprise.

http://www.early-retirement-planning-in ... -2009.html

Have Fun!

:lol:

I had a Yahoo Briefcase account that I set up several years ago but rarely used it. And Yahoo did send me an email notification that they were discontinuing the Briefcase service. My guess is that JWR never checks his email to that Yahoo account.

As to having JWR's spreadsheets available, he does have a website, right? Doesn't the webhost have a storage area that JWR can upload spreadsheets and make available to everyone?

Schroeder
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Re: Drat! All that 'number's guy' stuff lost?

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 04/15/09 at 15:39:52

Like Hocus, JWR doesn't like his "work" being subjected to independent verification. ;)
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Russell-mania