Mistaken Identity

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Mistaken Identity

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/29/17 at 13:59:26

I'll fess up...for some time now I've been posting comments to the Plop under the pseudonym "Long Time Hoco Researcher" so as not to soil my other long-term moniker "Yipee-Ki-O" which I use at this and other reputable discussion boards. But in typical HocoFashion Rob has fantasized that I'm John Greaney. Also in typical HocoFashion he clings to that delusion in spite of evidence to the contrary. In hokum's twisted mind it lends an air of importance to his pitiful little lightly traveled blog if his old nemesis from Motley Fool days were to bother to show up to play Poke-the-Troll with him. Poor hocus, it is just a delusion. I don't recall seeing ANY post from John Greaney here at the HocoPlaypen in what seems like forever. Logic would tell a normal person that given that fact it's extremely unlikely that John would suddenly begin out-of-the-blue making comments to the Plop. Of course, logic is the antithesis of Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania! Rob Hocus No Step 2 Bennett will believe anything no matter how delusional if it increases his sense of self-importance. Sorry Rob. You're still nothing but a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar squawking endlessly about Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania on the far fringes of the Interwebz. I suspect just like Wade Pfau, CuteFuzzyBunny, DRiP Guy and countless others; John Greaney moved on and put your drama far behind him a long, long, long time ago. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Re: Mistaken Identity

Postby Sensible Investor » 08/29/17 at 23:40:49

The dollar sign is a dead giveaway. To everyone except for Rob, of course.
Sensible Investor

Postby PinkUnicorn » 08/30/17 at 10:11:51

It is all part of Rob's fantasy. John pointed out Rob's mistakes and with this embarrassment, Rob has been spending years trying to get back at John. As such, he has played out this fantasy over at the plop in which he feels he can try and control the conversation with John, even though it isn't John. Meanwhile, Yip has caused Rob even further embarrassment leading Rob to block most of his posts.

Wade's case is a bit different, yet similar in some ways. Wade eventually found out who Rob really was and how crazy he is. As Wade came to disagree with Rob and embarrass him, Rob went into attack mode. After a number of years have passed, he still can't get over it and we still see the same posts about Wade on a regular basis.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/30/17 at 11:55:51

Wade gave me his take on hokum's Delusion Generating Algorithm several years ago while Rob was still in the midst of his email campaign designed to impugn the integrity and besmirch the good name of Wade because the kindly professor declined hocus' demand that he take the place of the Deceased Pensioner Trolling Pal John Walter Russell walking obediently two steps behind hocus while extolling the Glory of Hocomania:

"In my studies of Hocology, I've learned that like cells replicating,
as Rob repeats his stories mutations sometimes appear. I realized this
when in October he suddenly started adding a detail that I too thought
I would win a Nobel Prize. Not only is that made up, but it never
appeared in his version of the Wade Pfau story until October, at which
time it suddenly became established canon."
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby gw » 09/01/17 at 10:15:32

Greaney last posted here in 2014 and hasn't even visited the site since last December. He's moved on. Meanwhile, Bennett remains obsessed with hating a guy that really doesn't give a damn about him.
gw
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 09/01/17 at 11:29:55

Rob Hocus No Step 2 Bennett has many obsessions, none of which are of any importance to anyone besides himself. Like his obsession with Buy & Hold. Catastrophically Unproductive.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Sensible Investor » 09/02/17 at 17:05:37

I don't blame Greaney for moving on. Rob's extremely repetitive and his shtick gets to be very draining. It's better to take a break from his insanity and then check in from time to time.
Sensible Investor

Postby ataloss » 09/28/17 at 16:43:10

Checking in, I see things are about the same
ataloss
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania