Rob confesses to spousal and child abuse...

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Rob confesses to spousal and child abuse...

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/22/16 at 11:59:10

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/

Hocus Rob confesses at his Plop today that each Tuesday he force feeds his wife and children Bat$hit Crazy hocomania. So very sad. :cry: Boo and her children bear the brunt of Rob "hocus" Bennett's profound mental illness. Not to worry, Rob. I'm certain that your children are old enough by now to understand that their father is very troubled and does nothing but troll the Interwebz all day long.

Even my wife feels this way. I read my Value Walk column at the lunch table each Tuesday so that my boys get to know what their dad does with his life. Every now and again, my wife will offer a sort of bitter (!) side comment. She will say something like: “You make good points in that column. I can’t help but notice that you didn’t call anyone a Goon in that one. Hmmm…” So this is an almost universal phenomenon.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Re: Rob confesses to spousal and child abuse...

Postby gw » 08/24/16 at 23:22:06

Man, they've got big problems in that marriage. Once the boys leave home, she's going to dump him faster than a bag of garbage.
gw
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/24/16 at 23:30:18

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at 160 Hatcher. The (dysfunctional) family dynamics on display must be fascinating. I suspect you're right gw, Boo is probably playing the dutiful Catholic wife/mother until the kids are out the door. Unless of course Rob has browbeat her into a lifeless shell of a woman. :cry:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 08/25/16 at 06:56:28

You have to wonder, however, if the kids are even going to be prepared to leave the house. After all, they have their father playing the part of an internet troll as a role model having a a dream that the boys "take over the family business". Plus, you have to wonder if they can even attend college since Rob probably didn't calculate that into his masterful financial plan................but, I guess we don't need to worry about all that since the $500 million windfall is just around the corner!!!
PinkUnicorn

Postby gw » 08/25/16 at 12:10:28

The boys are certainly the most sympathetic victims of the mess Rob created. No way can he support the costs of their college education. Unless something happens radically in the way we fund higher education today, they're up the creek. Any well-off grandparents?

Of course, there are always the opportunities in the military....
gw
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/25/16 at 21:15:30

Rob has mentioned he has two brothers and seemed to indicate they had good jobs. And he seemed to indicate they weren't onboard with his hocomania routine. Perhaps they'll step up to the plate and bail their nephews out of the predicament created by their brother's mental illness.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Sensible Investor » 08/27/16 at 14:48:14

What a terrible husband and role model. Poor wife and kids. :(
Sensible Investor

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania