End of interest but not of the hocomania

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

End of interest but not of the hocomania

Postby ataloss » 07/03/16 at 17:37:56

I think we have mostly lost interest in the hocomania. Rob is pretty much talking to himself, right?
ataloss
***** God Member

Re: End of interest but not of the hocomania

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 07/05/16 at 15:18:42

Yes, Rob is Rob's primary audience at this stage in the game. He could post here but he prefers to just hang out at his own Plop where he has total control of the DELETE key. Hocomania out with a whimper, who woulda thunk it!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby ataloss » 07/05/16 at 20:10:47

Rob had a lot of interest in is ideas at one time. Mostly folks thought he was wrong. He let even that dwindle away
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Sensible Investor » 08/27/16 at 14:50:11

There's too much going on in my life to worry about Rob every day. I forget him for months at a time and then when something reminds me of him I'll check here and at his blog. He's still dutifully putting those posts out on a daily basis. Very sad!
Sensible Investor

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/29/16 at 12:19:19

Mel Lindauer responded by making false claims that Wade had engaged in unethical practices in preparation of the research. Wade called Lindauer out on his b.s. The Lindauerheads responded by threatening to send defamatory e-mais to Wade’s employer, aiming to get him fired from his job. I wrote to Bogle asking his help. Bogle did not respond.

Hocus is busy today at the Plop revisiting old fairy tales about "Goons" threatening a respected academic researcher's career. For the record, here is the flimsy background on which hocus built his fictitious claim of defamatory emails directed towards a respected academic researcher's employer:

"I hope this doesn't ruin that guy's chances for tenure."

http://boards.fool.com/hocus-gets-colle ... sort=whole

Some threat, rather just more hocomania nonsense magically conjured up in the addled brain of the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett. And Bennett wonders why Bogle didn't respond to his email asking for his "help" in defending Wade from the nonexistent "threat" hokum had made up. Sorry Rob. As a public figure I'm sure you're not the first Bat$hit Crazy crackpot Jack Bogle has encountered. You just may be more unhinged than the typical nutjub he hears from. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 08/30/16 at 10:33:31

This is why my focus today is on getting prison sentences announced for you Goons. Once your prison sentences are announced, we will be seeing many more articles of the type written by this fellow and many more responses of the type that I developed in response to his words.

It's said it's good for a man to have a hobby. I'd say it depends on what your hobby is. :wink:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby ataloss » 09/03/16 at 06:18:31

google searches for catastrophically unproductive still point to Rob :D
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 09/03/16 at 12:09:22

ataloss wrote:google searches for catastrophically unproductive still point to Rob :D

Perhaps the biggest accomplishment of his trolling career. :wink:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 09/06/16 at 17:03:36

"I think it depends on what time-period you look at, Laugh. You are going by what has happened over the past 30 years. I am going by what has happened over the past 145 years."

I don't know if you really look at 145 years Rob. It seems that you are continually stuck in the 1930's as you have decided to keep your family living through the Great Depression.
PinkUnicorn

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania