Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Postby dab90south » 01/02/17 at 14:55:45

have you ever tried to hammer a nail with a fresh banana? if it didn't work, did you get another banana? and another, and another.....?

at some point, if you are sane, or if someone offered help, you stopped trying to use the banana and obtained a proper hammer. and you hammered your nail home.

so rob, is your house full of bananas? or will you someday come to your senses?
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/02/17 at 17:59:03

Rob, in case you're looking. When dab asks if you'll ever come to your senses he's posing a rhetorical question. All hocoresearchers know that Rob "hocus" Bennett is Crazier than a $hitHouse Rat. The odds of you ever connecting with reality again are the same as you collecting that 500 million dollar settlement you think is owed to you for trolling the internet the past 14 years.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby dab90south » 01/05/17 at 13:02:09

dab90south wrote:preliminary figures show that my net was up 6.13% after paying all bills last year. that works.

how about you rob? how you doing?

increased more than we spent. woot.

final figures are in: up 6.36% after paying all bills. woot.
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/05/17 at 13:28:40

You Goons have contact with Mel Linduaer and Mel Lindauer has contact with John Bogle. If you asked nicely, Lindauer would be willing to ask Bogle nicely to ask Shiller nicely whether he believes that long-term timing works or not. And Shiller is a nice man. Shiller would agree to the request if Bogle put it to him in a nice manner. So we have the means by working together to get a FINAL answer to this perplexing question.

The key is that you need to be open to hearing what Shiller really thinks. He may issue a statement agreeing with me rather than with you and Bogle. So you are taking a risk going ahead with this suggestion to contact Lindauer. I encourage you to do it. If Shiller says “this Rob Bennett fellow is a fool, I do not AT ALL believe in long-term timing, I think thus guy is dangerous,” I will write a column here reporting on what he said and putting that statement in the headline.

Hocus, Wade P*** learned the hard way that any attempt to engage in a rational discussion with the narcissitic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett is an exercise in futility. Don't expect Mel Lindauer or John Bogle or anyone else of note to follow you down the rat hole of Bat$hit Crazy hocomania.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/05/17 at 13:42:48

I thought that Greaney would be banned from Motley Fool following his first death threat. I don’t exactly have a great track record with my predictions re how this stuff is going to turn out.

We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Rob, you thought Greaney would be banned because you made up a story about him having made a death threat against you? Really? Your track record for predictions is just what one would expect for a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar.

We know how this stuff plays out. Rob "hocus" Bennett continues bleating endlessly about Bat$hit Crazy hocomania in obscurity on the fringes of the Interwebz. He grows old and dies. End of Rob "hocus" Bennett. End of hocomania.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/06/17 at 15:05:32

It took a lot of courage for me to stand up to Greaney back in May 2002. He had a reputation even then as the most abusive poster in the history of the internet. But I loved that community. I saw that he was destroying the lives of lots of people who I cared about with his error-filled retirement study and I felt a need to do what I could to help those people out. So I did what I had to do to live with myself.

Look at the many blessings that I have experienced as a result!

In the 14 years since, I have had thousands of average middle-class people tell me that they see Valuation-Informed Indexing as the answer, that for the first time in their lives they know what they need to do to be able to invest effectively for the long-term. It’s extremely gratifying to hear people say that. I certainly never anticipated in the days before May 13, 2002, that I would ever be capable of helping so many people with my work. So that alone is a huge plus. But that really is just the beginning.

I have had numerous college professors tell me that they have incorporated stuff they learned by reading my web site into their courses on stock investing. That’s amazing. I have had numerous academic researchers tell me that they have done research to check out whether I am on track or not and that they found that all of my work is A+++. I co-authored research with one of those researchers (Wade Pfau) that was published in a peer-reviewed journal and that I believe can fairly be described as the most important piece of research published in this field in the past 30 years. Wade and I showed that stock investors can reduce their risk by 70 percent just by being willing to abandon Buy-and-Hold and begin adjusting their stock allocations in response to big valuation shifts. Again, that’s something that’s so far beyond anything that I ever hoped to achieve in my career that I cannot describe how far beyond it goes. It’s just an amazing reality.

Rob was ahead of the curve; he's been living in a post-fact world for several years now.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/08/17 at 13:54:30

Can you imagine a boy who grew up in Northeast Philadelphia who didn’t even major in Economics co-authoring the most important peer-reviewed research published in his lifetime. What are the odds of that happening?

Well hocus, the odds of that happening are extremely low. Virtually nil. However, the odds are 100% that your claim to have co-authored a paper with Wade P*** is pure cow dung.

Hocus, you keep forgetting that endless repetitions of the same lie doesn't magically make that lie come true. The only thing you have "authored" is a gazillion words which comprise your Bat$hit Crazy Fables of Hocomania.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/10/17 at 11:47:36

When the cover-up is exposed, we won’t see the beginning of the process that we would have seen had Bogle come clean back in 1981. The whole Buy-and-Hold empire will collapse in a short amount of time. Everyone will be coming clean at once, everyone will be adopting new positions at once. We will see a “crash” in confidence in Get Rich Quick investing strategies rather than a gradual discovery of their weaknesses. The article on the front page of the New York Times and the announcement of the prison sentences and our recovery from the economic crisis and the opening of every web site to honest posting on safe withdrawal rates will all happen at more or less the same time, when the humans realize that we have no choice as a society but to tell the truth about these matters and so we just go ahead and do all the right things we have long known we need to do at the same time.

Rob "hocus" Bennett in all his glory. Still Crazier Than a $hithouse Rat after all these years. :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/12/17 at 20:53:06

Millions of people have suffered as a result of Bogle’s failure to come clean for 35 years now. This is not a joke.

I beg to differ. Your delusion is a joke. It's a longstanding joke known as Bat$hit Crazy hocomania!

A failed retirement is a serious life setback.

Yes hocus, your failed attempt at early-retirement due to insufficient savings, a limited understanding of arithmetic, and a half-a$$ed financial plan has certainly been a serious life setback for you and your family.

I believe that we all need to pull together to make sure that honest and accurate investing advice is available to every investor alive today. Do you agree? Or do you disagree?

Everyone agrees that the antics of the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett shouldn't get in the way of serious discussions of personal finance and investment strategies. But since you've been banned from all of the most popular online discussion forums and blogs that deal with those topics honest and accurate investing advice is available to every investor alive today.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 01/17/17 at 07:51:55

A poster writes the following to Rob:

"It is not helping anyone. Instead, it is just hurting your family. Why do you go to such lengths to create a make-believe world, all to avoid having to work a job? Even a part time job paying minimum wage would at least be doing something."

"Why do you go to such lengths to try to persuade me to live my life as if I believed what you believe? I live my life according to what I believe. In the days when I was posting at the Motley Fool retirement board, there were people using Greaney’s retirement study to plan their retirements. These people became my friends. I felt bad to see them tricked. I eventually worked up the courage to speak up. Now I feel better. You are asking me to go back to doing things that made me feel bad about myself. I am not interested."

So Rob doesn't work a job because that would make him feel bad about himself??? He wants to live his life as to what he "believes", which is to cast aside the responsibility of earning a living for his family.

Unbelievable.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/18/17 at 12:39:44

I guess it is all one big massive conspiracy.

A conspiracy of ignorance. The humans didn’t know everything on the first day. They had to learn things over the course of time. In this particular case, some didn’t like the idea that we were making important advances. They felt an inclination to defend their turf by blocking the learning experience. Some of us went along because this group had the power and money to crush those who “crossed” them by doing honest work. Shame on those of us who went along.

But a chorus of cheers for those of us who did NOT go along. We are in the process of changing the world for the better in a very big way. And we are very close. One more price crash should do it.

My sincere take.

Rob, your "sincere take" is Bat$hit Crazy. Robert Shiller's work on valuations is widely known. But only a certain narcissitic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar is peddling the fantasy that PE10 is the "Magic Sauce" of investing. An investment strategy based on the fantasy that you can predict the date of a market crash is conspiracy of ignorance known as hocomania. You are sincerely Crazier Than a $hithouse Rat!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/19/17 at 19:03:44

The death threats were purposeful. The demands for unjustified board bannings were purposeful. The tens of thousands of acts of defamation were purposeful. The threats to get academic researchers fired from their jobs were purposeful.

Yes hocus, all these fantasies you made up were purposeful. Their purpose was to add an air of importance to the Fables of Hocomania conjured up in the addled brain of the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett. It didn't work. Everyone sees your favorite fantasies are just a futile attempt by an inveterate troll seeking self-aggrandizement. That's what got you banned from all of the most popular online discussion boards and blogs. The obscurity of the Plop is the perfect place for you to post lies such as those listed above.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/23/17 at 15:37:25

But overlooking acts of financial fraud takes the spirit of tolerance of other “ideas” too far. A death threat is not an argument, it is an act of intimidation. There is no place for death threats in discussions of what the peer-reviewed research tells us about how stock investing works in the real world. Nor is there any place for demands for unjustified board bannings. Nor is there any place for tens of thousands of acts of defamation. Nor is there any place for threats to get academic researchers fired from their jobs. That sort of behavior constitutes financial fraud. That sort of behavior constitutes a felony. That sort of behavior leads to a prison sentence. Yuck!

Making up phony allegations about a death threat is not an argument, it's Bat$hit Crazy hocomania.

There is a place where making up phony claims about death threats is the norm, it's called the Plop.

A discussion board or blog banning a relentless troll is not unjustified, it's a sound policy for the greater good of the community.

There is a place for thousands of acts of defamation, it's know as the Plop where Rob "hocus" Bennett lashes out at successful figures in the world of personal finance.

There should be no place to make up phony stories about threats to get academic researchers fired from their jobs but alas there is, again, it's at the Plop.

That sort of behavior constitutes constitutes Bat$hit Crazy hocomania.

That sort of behavior constitutes Catastrophically Unproductive behavior.

That sort of behavior leads to exile to the obscurity of the Plop.

Hocomania YUCK!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/24/17 at 13:06:23

I long to see EVERYONE using words and terms like “Goons” and “financial fraud” and “prison sentences” on a daily basis.

Sorry hocus. That nonsense is best left for the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett. And your Plop is the best venue for hosting your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine and all its associated nonsense about "Goons" and "financial fraud" and "prison sentences." On a daily basis. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/24/17 at 23:48:45

I’ve been equally touchy since the first day, Anonynous. And about the same thing.

I don’t like Goon talk. It hurts everybody. It’s all negative and no positive.

Things are not going well in one respect — we are still hearing Goon talk. We are all worse off than we would be if there had never been any Goon talk or if we as a society had dealt effectively with it at some earlier time.

But things are going in an amazingly wonderful way in all other respects. For the last 35 years, we have had available to us all the major pieces we need to solve the stock investing puzzle. No earlier people have had access to all the good stuff that follows from that reality. We have it. We should be dancing in the streets.

We are working through a process that takes us from the rotten place where we are today to the wonderful place where we all deep our hearts long to be tomorrow. The good news here is 50 times more good than the bad news here is bad.

Would I change our situation to one where you Goons did not feel threatened because we had not gained access to the last big piece of the stock investing puzzle 35 years ago? I would not. Not in 10 billion years. Not for 10 billion dollars.

Does it drag me down that you Goons continue to live in negativity? Sure.

But whachagonna do, you know?

Well hocus, in your case you're going to quit your high-paying job and attempt early-retirement despite having insufficient savings, a limited understanding of arithmetic, and a half-a$$ed financial plan. Then you'll parlay your mistake by getting yourself banned from all the most popular online personal finance discussion boards and blogs due to their unwillingness to host your incessant trolling with your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine. And finally you'll slink to the far fringes of the Interwebz where you'll continue to whine in perpetuity about your powerful case of butthurt over not being recognized as the Grand Poobah of Personal Finance despite having no expertise in the field. That's what's you're gonna do. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania