[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Retire Early Home Page • View topic - Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Postby PinkUnicorn » 01/01/16 at 14:06:20

The Pink Unicorn says
January 1, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I’m not making any money, Reality. You got that one right. I haven’t made a dime in 13 years. That makes me very, very, very sad. It makes my wife even sadder!”

You would think that after 13 years, you would have finally come to the conclusion that you have been wasting your time, to the determent of your family.

“Could I be wrong?”

You even have to ask that question???? 13 years of failure, yet you seriously ask that question.

“In the event that I am wrong, I will just have to live with it.”

It is not just you, Rob. Your family has been forced to live with it.
PinkUnicorn

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Postby PinkUnicorn » 01/01/16 at 14:15:21

The Pink Unicorn says
January 1, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

“The reason for pushing the date out is that the crash has not come yet, Anonymous. To predict a crash by the end of 2015 on New Year’s Eve would be a little bit stupid, no?

But it’s not a blown call. I never said that it was certain that we would see a crash by the end of 2015.”

Rob, it is not like you just made this prediction few months ago. You have been talking about a crash for many years. People asked you for a date and you said the following:

“I was asked to give a time frame and ?felt that that was a reasonable thing to demand of me. So I gave it my best shot. I said that, if we do not see a crash by the end of 2015, that would be grounds to question this VII stuff. I think that is fair. We cannot say when it will come but there are lots of reasons to believe that it should come by the end of 2015. If it doesn’t, that would suggest that we are missing a big piece of the puzzle and I think it would be fair for my critics to point that out. That’s all I can say on the matter.

I can give the reasons why I view the end of 2015 as being an outside date. But they don’t matter. You’ve heard them before. The bottom line is that we cannot give a precise date. Emotions are not predictable to that extent. But the entire historical record indicates we should see the crash by the end of 2015. I don’t have a crystal ball. I am just reporting what the data tells us. WHICH WAS THE ENTIRE IDEA OF THE BUY-AND-HOLD PROJECT ONCE UPON A TIME.

ROB”

You gave 2015 as AN OUTSIDE DATE based on your interpretation of the historical record, and by missing that, it gives ground to question VII. It just another one of your pathetic attempts to change the story yet again.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/02/16 at 13:00:02

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/05/16 at 11:27:05

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/05/16 at 11:30:34

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby ogrecat » 01/05/16 at 15:37:23

Will wife depart after younger son turns 18?
ogrecat
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/05/16 at 18:32:16

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania pt 79

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/06/16 at 20:28:45

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/07/16 at 14:47:08

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 01/07/16 at 20:24:31

Rob is asked a question over at the plop about comments made to his posts over at Valuewalk. He responds as follows:

"There’s a button there that is sometimes available to me and that sometimes is not that permits me to delete individual posts. When the button is there, I delete those of Sammy’s comments that add nothing and that only subtract."

It seems that Rob is disappointed that he does not always have the ability to delete comments from others. I am sure it drives Rob nuts that he lacks full control. However, Rob should be pleased to see some posts, even if it is from people he calls goons, otherwise, his posts would be ignored in total.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/08/16 at 19:22:20

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/11/16 at 11:09:15

Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/13/16 at 13:03:15

Yipee-Ki-O