Anyone going to the Ember Grill ?

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Anyone going to the Ember Grill ?

Postby Evidence Based Investing » 09/16/15 at 15:28:09

http://finconexpo.com/schedule/

Friday 18th

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Community Meetup: Conventional-Investing-Wisdom Skeptics with Rob Bennett, Ember Grill

We will discuss Valuation-Informed Indexing, the investing strategy rooted in the research of Nobel Prize Winning Economist Robert Shiller. Anyone who is skeptical of the conventional investing ideas (Buy-and-Hold) is welcome. This is for beginners. I want to give skeptics of the conventional investing advice a chance to meet each other and to ask questions about why Shiller’s ideas have been slow to catch on. Email Rob Bennett at hocusreports@verizon.net to RSVP.
Evidence Based Investing
***** God Member

Re: Anyone going to the Ember Grill ?

Postby Evidence Based Investing » 09/18/15 at 13:46:23

I wonder how Rob's "Community Meetup" went. No mention of it on his website or his twitter account

Lots of fincon15 tweets

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... q=fincon15

No sign of anyone mentioning Bennett
Evidence Based Investing
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 09/18/15 at 17:37:57

I am guessing he had a very low turnout.

Rob would have to go somewhere that serves Happy Meals in order to attract his target audience.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 09/19/15 at 17:03:27

We got the official head count today at the Plop. Six. Looks like The Wave of support for hokum's Lucky Seven project is still on the distant horizon.

I found this comment Rob made to be quite amusing:

I shared with him a personal story that makes the point. My wife has on occasion expressed the view that I am too hard on you Goons. I don’t agree. I agree that I am hard but I believe that I am as kind as I am able to be without crossing the line and becoming dishonest. She once used the term “self-righteous” to describe me and said that she feels that I am sometimes self-righteous in my speaking to her when we are having disagreements. My initial reaction to this was that it was pure craziness. I think of myself as the least self-rightous person I know.

I think it's fair to say that a man who who is unable to recognize that he is Crazier Than A $hithouse Rat would be equally unable to discern that he is also self-rightous. Self-reflection is not among the skill set possessed by the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 09/20/15 at 13:15:03

Of the six attendees, one of them was Rob himself, which means he only got 5 to come. Something tells me that even that number might be a bit suspect. He probably included the waitress and someone else sitting nearby that happened to ask if he could pass the salt.
PinkUnicorn

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania