Suck on this, h8trz!

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Suck on this, h8trz!

Postby Tick Tock » 06/18/15 at 18:08:41

Only 86 trading days to go!

expect to be at the bottom (a P/E10 of 7, one-half of fair value, 65 percent down from where we are today) by 2015. That's three years.

I am in cash and primed for bear. Thank you, Rob!
Tick Tock
* Newbies

Re: Suck on this, h8trz!

Postby Tick Tock » 09/23/15 at 17:53:08

Just a reminder to you h8trz that Rob guaranteed a crash to PE10=7 by Oct 23, 2015. One month from now, to the day.

I am all in on SPXS. I won't end up with 500 million like Rob but I will be set for life.
Tick Tock
* Newbies

Postby Tick Tock » 10/23/15 at 00:11:36

Dum Dum Dum.
Tick Tock
* Newbies

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 10/28/15 at 14:33:31

As this comment Farmer Hocus posted to the Plop the other day (October 24, 2015) shows, he's already busy fudging the date of the impending stock market collapse he previously predicted:

Rob says
October 24, 2015 at 10:49 am
No.

That prediction goes back to September 2008, when we saw the first crash of this secular bear market. If you count 10 years forward from September 2008, you get to September 2018. We should see the next crash by September 2018, according to the peer-reviewed research in this field. That’s not a short-term prediction, that’s a long-term prediction.

It could of course come sooner. That’s why my personal prediction is that we will see the crash by the end of 2016. The safer prediction is that we will see it by the end of 2018. But when you Goons asked me to give a date, you were seeking accountability. I think that’s a fair thing to seek. And I don’t think it would be entirely fair for me to use the farther-out and safest date in response. When the research shows that we will have a crash by the end of 2018, the odds are strong that we will see it by the end of 2016 (eight years out). So that’s the date I used for my personal prediction.

It’s not a short-term prediction. It’s a long-term prediction for which most of the years have already passed.

Rob

Rob seems to have already forgotten that he's on record with his prediction that the stock market will crash by the end of 2015. Or maybe he just thinks we've forgotten. Alas for poor hokum, those pesky Post Archives make it so easy to see when he's blowin' smoke! Back in April of 2013 hocus confidently asserted his personal prediction that 2015 was THE year the Big Crash would take place. Now as the end of 2015 draws near, the date has suddenly been extended to the end of 2016. Plus he's included an additional Fudge Factor by saying that 2018 is the outside date for the Great-Stock-Market-Crash-of-Hokum's-Dream.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4084#p64654
Re: nailing down date of impending stock crash
Post by hocus2009 » 22 Apr 2013 07:58

<snip>

I know that there is 32 years of peer-reviewed academic research (NOT opinion) showing that a crash is coming.

I was asked to give a time frame and ?felt that that was a reasonable thing to demand of me. So I gave it my best shot. I said that, if we do not see a crash by the end of 2015, that would be grounds to question this VII stuff. I think that is fair. We cannot say when it will come but there are lots of reasons to believe that it should come by the end of 2015. If it doesn't, that would suggest that we are missing a big piece of the puzzle and I think it would be fair for my critics to point that out. That's all I can say on the matter.

I can give the reasons why I view the end of 2015 as being an outside date. But they don't matter. You've heard them before. The bottom line is that we cannot give a precise date. Emotions are not predictable to that extent. But the entire historical record indicates we should see the crash by the end of 2015. I don't have a crystal ball. I am just reporting what the data tells us. WHICH WAS THE ENTIRE IDEA OF THE BUY-AND-HOLD PROJECT ONCE UPON A TIME.

ROB

Whowee!

According to Rob, the stock market is going to crash for sure in 2015! No, wait...2016! No, no, wait...2018! Oh, neverrrr mind. The exact year the stock market crash will crash is nothing but Bat$hit Crazy hocomania anyway! :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 10/28/15 at 14:48:50

I was asked to give a time frame and ?felt that that was a reasonable thing to demand of me. So I gave it my best shot. I said that, if we do not see a crash by the end of 2015, that would be grounds to question this VII stuff.

So hocus, I assume since you're fudging the date of the Big Crash that also means that questioning this "VII stuff" is off the table? Is that fair to say?
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania