2015 - A big year for Hocus prediction

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: 2015 - A big year for Hocus prediction

Postby PinkUnicorn » 12/31/15 at 17:20:12

Here we are at the end of 2015. It is yet another failed year for poor Hocus. There was no 65% stock market crash, no $500 million settlement and he has no other back up plan. A recent post by Hocus confirms that he doesn't have enough retirement funds to make it without his expected windfall.

The only successes he can claim are from his attendance at the most recent FinCon, in which he had lunch with 5 others newbs (who we probably expecting a free meal), a side chat with a few preppers and a one hour discussion with a financial planner (who gave him an hour of his time that he probably wishes he had back). Rob spent the other 364 days of last year repeating the same nonsense over on the plop.

Just think, the guy you see picking up aluminum cans on the side of the road made more money than Rob last year and probably has a more viable financial plan.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/31/15 at 20:32:20

If hocus had the wherewithal to move to Michigan he get a dime for every can he picks up. Far better return than what he's enjoyed over the past several years from Lucky Seven.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 10/20/16 at 06:58:42

once again, Hocus moves the goal posts on this one. Here is today's blog comment:

"If Shiller is right (the guy was awarded a Nobel prize for his work so I believe that there is a darn good chance that he is on to something), we are going to see another price crash in the next year or two or three."

sonce we are getting close to the end of the year, I guess Rob is saying that the big crash is coming by 2018 to 2020.

Hmmmmmm........how is this lucky VII scheme suppose to work when the date keeps moving.
PinkUnicorn

Postby PinkUnicorn » 10/20/16 at 17:57:25

"And I made a prediction at Goon Central (the good old days!) in response to a Goon question that we would see the crash by the end of 2015 or 2016. The odds are small that that is going to happen at this time. My recollection is that I said something along the lines that, if we didn’t see a crash by that time, it would be a legitimate reason to lose some confidence in Valuation-Informed Indexing. I think that’s a fair statement. The purpose of making the predictions was to impose some accountability on the VII concept. If the concept does not produce good predictions, it could lead to bad investing choices. So I think it makes sense for investors to take those wrong predictions into consideration when deciding on whether to follow the strategy or not."

Rob,

Your prediction of 2015 was one of many predictions. It was wrong like the rest of them. I gave you more examples, but, like usual, you delete those over at your website (like the 2012 prediction you made on Valuewalk).

But, to take your advice above indicates (as we already know) that we should take those incorrect predictions into consideration. We have, and that is why we don't follow the hoco-plan. Why would anyone want to follow the path of a broke and unemployed internet troll like you.
PinkUnicorn

Postby ataloss » 11/12/16 at 18:55:54

another failed prediction and another year. I was wondering if H said anything about turning 60 last month? Maybe time to reassess, consider if the path is the right one, alter course before it is too late
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 01/01/17 at 14:42:26

Here we are again. Another year has gone by. The big crash Rob keeps predicting did not happen. We haven't seen Rob on the front page of the New York Times either. Yet Rob is still cranking out the same old repetitive posts as always.

Some things never change.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 01/01/17 at 19:55:30

Hocus moved the goalpost on his prediction a short time back in this post to his Plop:

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/2016 ... ple-doing/

Rob now predicts that The Stock-Market-Crash of his dreams will happen by year-end 2019 at the latest. Of course, you can rest assured that if three years pass and still no crash Rob will update his prediction once again. I think it's fair to say hokum has his crash prediction goalpost mounted on casters! :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Previous

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania