Kitces/Pau raising stock % during retirement

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Kitces/Pau raising stock % during retirement

Postby ataloss » 06/21/14 at 14:15:18

I read the AAII Journal version (april) but can't link I think it is also in JFP. Anyway if you start with a lower allocation and move to a higher allocation you have better odds of portfolio survival. Basically if you have an adverse return sequence you are spending cash/fixed and possibly buying stock at lower prices. Many had considered using the cash bucket in this way but now it has been studied and confirmed. Best results were starting with 30% equity and moving to 70% .
Rob, please get help: Loudoun County Mental Health 703-771-5100  I am not a mental health professional. I am not qualified to diagnose or treat. Get help. What do you have to lose? Your current course is catastrophically unproductive.
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania