Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Postby dab90south » 03/05/14 at 09:18:02

Long way of saying that there is more information available and priced into the market these days.
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/05/14 at 13:09:49

I foresee a future FinCon where EVERY SESSION will be devoted to teaching bloggers how to transform their blogs into Valuation-Informed Indexing blogs.

I foresee a future where a mentally ill internet troll by the name of Rob "hocus" Bennett pecks away endlessly at a keyboard blathering about Bat$hit Crazy hocomania until his sad, pitiful, Catastrophically Unproductive life comes to an end.*

*NOT A DEATH THREAT. Just an observation of the logical sequence of events likely to occur in the future if said mentally ill internet troll fails to receive the psychiatric care he so desperately needs.
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/05/14 at 16:12:56

But I don?t believe that. I do not believe you have offered a valid correction to the safe withdrawal rate question. And I believe that retirement income strategies go much further than the question of a safe withdrawal rate. And so that is why I?ve had to endure your ongoing harassment for months on end now.?

Wade DID say these words. The quote is accurate.

Wade WANTS to tell the truth. He is like lots and lots and lots of other people in this regard. He is a good person and he wants to help us all out and he understands that by telling the truth he helps us all out. But he is AFRAID to do so.

Rob, Wade is not afraid to tell the truth. He told you the truth. But as that truth does not further your Hocomania Agenda, you're afraid to accept the simple truth that he's told you. You haven't offered a valid correction to the safe withdrawal rate studies because they looked back in time to find what percentage withdrawal rate worked over past periods of time and contain no arithmetical errors. The truth is it's impossible to accurately predict what future withdrawal rates will be, at best we can only estimate based on past history. As with everything else in retirement, people have to have the ability and willingness to be flexible with regard to financing their retirement once they leave the security of a regular paycheck that employment provides.

More importantly, Wade is telling you the truth that withdrawal strategies involve much more that just a simplistic Safe Withdrawal Rate. Savings rates, annuities, spending, tax planning, Social Security to name just a few items which impact ones retirement income flow. You fixate on SWR's because you think that's your best avenue of achieving Fame & Fortune. Sorry Rob, it's not. The truth that Wade is telling you is that the research into retirement income strategies has passed you by. The truth is you're just an insignificant, mentally ill internet troll who is unable to deal with the truth. It's way past time to stop flogging poor Wade because he told you the truth. Truth which you didn't want to hear.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/05/14 at 20:29:37

And it is not ?disruptive? of me to post honestly on the numbers my friends use to plan their retirements. In fact, thousands of them have thanked me profusely for doing so.

Really hocus? Thousands of "friends?" Very peculiar that not a single one of those "thousands" bothers to post comments to your Plop, profusely or otherwise. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby dab90south » 03/05/14 at 21:13:09

And you can search the entire plop and not find that post.
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 02:01:49

dab90south wrote:And you can search the entire plop and not find that post.

Yep, most of the "irrefutable facts" :lol: of hocomania exist solely within the delusional noggin of the mentally ill internet troll Rob "hocus" Bennett. Hocus lies about so much so often that he can't even distinguish between the real stuff and his Bat$hit Crazy delusions anymore! :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/06/14 at 07:57:55

Insane.

March 5, 2014

The owner of the Board can have any topic they desire and can decide on the content. The board owner can decide to kick anyone off if they feel that that person is disruptive...

You are wrong, Anonymous. There is no exception in the law against financial fraud for those who own web sites. The same laws apply to them that apply to anyone else.

And it is not ?disruptive? of me to post honestly on the numbers my friends use to plan their retirements.

I say that I have every right to talk about the implications of Shiller?s findings on every discussion board and blog on the internet.

I have a battle to fight. There is evil in the world. There have always been people who see the accomplishments of others and feel drawn not to learn from them and achieve great things on their own but to equalize things by tearing down the good work that in their minds makes them look small and insignificant. But I nam[sic] ot[sic] the one who is alone. You are the one who is alone, Sensible. You are the one going to prison.

[emphasis in original]
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby dab90south » 03/06/14 at 08:42:17

And obtuse.
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 11:37:27

I have a battle to fight.

Yes Rob, you do. A battle with mental illness. And you're losing that fight.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 13:24:30

The news from Today's Plop:

I?ve posted Entry #169 to my weekly Valuation-Informed Indexing column at the Value Walk site. It?s called An Alternative to Fama?s Explanation of Short-Term Price Changes That Also Fits Shiller?s Finding of Long-Term Return Predictability.

Clicking on the enclosed link leads to a hocomania essay at ValueWalk dated November 13, 2013.

Attaboy hocus. Keep all those "thousands" of friends of yours on the edges of their seats as you spoon feed them nothing but the freshest in Bat$hit Crazy hocomania! :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 16:47:31

My work explores the implications of Shiller?s ?revoltionary?[sic] (his word)....

His word? Hocus, one, you don't work. And two, you don't spell so well either. :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 16:49:25

Rob says      

March 6, 2014 at 5:24 pm      

They show that I love my country.

They show that I care about the millions of people whose lives have been destroyed by you Goons.

They show that I am better able to forward the interests of Jack Bogle and the other Buy-and-Hold Pioneers than they are themselves.

Don?t let the bad guys get you down, man.

Rob

No hocus, all your delusions show is that you are a mentally ill internet troll.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 17:27:24

I sometimes feel that we are under a spell.

Hocus, "we" aren't under any spell. What you must be feeling is the fog of mental illness.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby gw » 03/06/14 at 17:52:22

They show that I care about the millions of people whose lives have been destroyed by you Goons.
It's millions now?   What happened to "tens of thousands"?   And nobody has noticed but hocus?  

Too bad he's never been able to name one single person whose life has been ruined by whatever it is that he's always ranting about.
Bennett's May '02 post: "I am deeply sorry for falsely criticizing the study"
http://boards.fool.com/the-differences-between-how-dory36s-online-17225279.aspx
Read about Rob; google "Narcisstic Personality Disorder".
gw
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/06/14 at 20:36:24

Valuation-Informed Indexing #169 ? An Alternative to Fama?s Explanation of Short-Term Price Changes That Also Fits Shiller?s Finding of Long-Term Return Predictability

It's always a hoot to see an unemployed (and unemployable!) mentally ill internet troll opining about economics. Before long Farmer Hocus is liable to move on from claiming to be a "co-author" of a paper he played no role in writing to fantasizing that 12 years of trolling the internet qualifies as a dissertation and he should be afforded the honor of a doctorate. :roll:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania