Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/23/15 at 13:37:26

Prices did not reach insanely high levels until 1996. So you were best to stay with a high stock allocation until then. But, yes, stocks have offered a poor value proposition from 1996 forward, with the exception of a few months in early 2009.

Rob "hocus" Bennett's mental illness reached an insanely high level in 1996. That mental illness has offered a poor value proposition for both him and his family from 1996 forward, each and every month with ZERO exceptions.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/24/15 at 14:01:34

I am generally a polite person. I’ve been told that numerous times on the internet, even sometimes by people who are severe critics of my beliefs. But I make an effort to combine a good measure of frankness with my politeness. I think that’s the journalist in me coming out. Lots of people view friction as a bad thing. Journalists look for friction. We believe that it is when ideas clash that learning experiences take place. We are often blunt and we usually are not apologetic about it.

Hocus, you are not a journalist. You are a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar with a blog. Journalists report. You just peck away at a keyboard stringing words together describing your Bat$hit Crazy delusions.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby ogrecat » 11/24/15 at 17:10:08

Passive-aggressive is not polite.
I can't imagine having to be around that crap
on a regular basis.
ogrecat
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/25/15 at 00:59:46

One has to wonder and empathize with poor Boo and what she's surely been forced to endure over the years she's been married to Rob "hocus" Bennett. I can only speculate, but I fear Rob has browbeat her into submission verbally over time. I think it's fair to say he cannot possibly confine his multiple personality disorders, profound narcissism and passive-aggressive behavior solely to his interactions with others on the Interwebz.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/25/15 at 12:39:31

Headline from the Plop:
“Even I Am Suffering from Cognitive Dissonance to Some Degree. I See Lots of Stuff That Most Others Do Not See Today. But I Do Not See It All. That Will Come Only When Lots of Other See More Than They See Today. We All Learn From Each Other.”

Hocus, what you suffer from is profound mental illness. The same mental illness which fuels the Delusions of Grandeur which consumes your life.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/25/15 at 13:06:09

You are running out of time, Anonymous. The Buy-and-Hold Era is on its way to the graveyard of U.S. history.

I am sure.

No hocus, it is you who is running out of time. You've wasted years and years of your life trolling about your Hocomania Routine yet you remain mired in obscurity. Your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine made a splash at the serious personal finance discussion boards and blogs years ago but then folks grew weary of your repetitive nonsense and you were gone. Face reality. Look at how little traffic your Plop generates. You are now an insignificant figure flailing away on the far fringes of the Interwebz endlessly pecking away at a keyboard at a lightly-traveled blog in a futile quest for Fame & Fortune. Rob "hocus" Bennett is on his way to the graveyard* having lived a Catastrophically Unproductive life.

*Not a death threat, just a statement of fact as to what lies ahead for you at the end of your Catastrophically Unproductive life.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 11/26/15 at 09:36:46

Yipee-Ki-O wrote:
You are running out of time, Anonymous. The Buy-and-Hold Era is on its way to the graveyard of U.S. history.

I am sure.

No hocus, it is you who is running out of time. You've wasted years and years of your life trolling about your Hocomania Routine yet you remain mired in obscurity. Your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine made a splash at the serious personal finance discussion boards and blogs years ago but then folks grew weary of your repetitive nonsense and you were gone. Face reality. Look at how little traffic your Plop generates. You are now an insignificant figure flailing away on the far fringes of the Interwebz endlessly pecking away at a keyboard at a lightly-traveled blog in a futile quest for Fame & Fortune. Rob "hocus" Bennett is on his way to the graveyard* having lived a Catastrophically Unproductive life.

*Not a death threat, just a statement of fact as to what lies ahead for you at the end of your Catastrophically Unproductive life.

Yes, I agree hocus is running out of time. He is getting close to the age of 60 and has very limited time left to try and salvage his failed retirement. Beyond that, how can he expect to help send his kids to college without them incurring massive debt. With that said, what kind of job could hocus expect to get at this point? He has been out of the work world for 15 years. Any skills he once had are clearly outdated. He would have to take something in retail or other low skilled area and the income generated would be very modest.

In a way, Rob probably realizes that, so he has dreamed up a fantasy rescue plan of a silly windfall of cash that is along the lines of winning the lottery. The difference being that at least there is someone that actually wins the lottery (despite astronomical odds) and there is not one bit of hope for Rob to get a windfall.

What a train wreck.
PinkUnicorn

Postby dab90south » 11/26/15 at 13:54:26

Happy Thanksgiving all.
dab90south
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/26/15 at 16:24:35

And to you as well, dab. And to all the other hoco-researchers (albeit a very small group these days!) who still derive a measure of amusement from the foibles of the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 11/27/15 at 19:42:30

Left at the plop:

The Pink Unicorn says
November 27, 2015 at 8:41 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

“You have to come to an understanding of some basic realities to figure out where things are headed.”

Rob, you have lost touch with reality a long time ago. Fantasies about $500 million windfalls, prison sentences, made up death threats, made up job threats, people handing over their websites, etc.

For the sake of your family, don’t you think it is about time for you to get some help?
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 11/28/15 at 22:27:49

A third reasons is that the Bogleheads Forum has a long history of trying to deal with these issues. I put my first post to that forum on the SWR issue back in July 2005.

Liar.

Habitual Liar.

Hocus, you never posted at Bogleheads. You were banned from the git-go. As a matter of fact, Bogleheads began because the moderators at Morningstar's Vanguard Diehards discussion forum were asleep at the wheel and allowed the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett to troll that board at will so the regulars got sick and tired of you and formed their own board; Bogleheads.org. Blissfully hocus-free and Bat$hit Cray hocomania-free. Quit trying to re-write history. Them pesky Post Archives make it so easy to refute your lies.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/03/15 at 11:00:56

Everyone agrees that I am a great and popular poster who always follows the published posting rules.

No hocus. Everyone agrees that you are a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and a Habitual Liar. That's why all those boards and blogs banned you way back when. And nothing has changed.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/03/15 at 15:24:09

Rob says
December 3, 2015 at 12:22 pm

I think the work that I have done over the past 13 years is of huge importance, Anonymous.

<snip>

Rob, that you imagine your trolling over the past several years to be "work" and consider it to be of "huge importance" simply shows the degree to which you are disassociated from reality.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/04/15 at 13:16:49

Sue me prior to the next crash and you run the risk of going to prison sooner than you otherwise would. I don’t think you’ll go there. You live today with the hope that maybe there won’t be another crash and maybe you will avoid going to prison altogether. You are not going to take the risk of bringing this to a head. And, once we see the crash, it will be too late to bring a lawsuit. The cat will be out of bag at that point.

You are screwed.

No Rob, you are mentally ill. Profoundly mentally ill. Crash or no crash, nothing changes. You will remain a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar.

You are screwed.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 12/07/15 at 13:58:04

Poor Rob. In reading the comments section in his post today over at the plop, it seems that Rob is not able to always delete posts over at Valuewalk. As we all know, only Rob can determine what is "honest" posting :roll: .
PinkUnicorn

PreviousNext

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania