Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: Lies, Damn Lies, and Hocomania.

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/21/15 at 13:03:10

Greeter job? Surely you jest, gw. Rob don't need no stinkin' greeter job. He's soon to receive a 500 million dollar settlement. And we're going off to prison. At least according to a very reliable source: the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett himself! :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/21/15 at 17:11:26

I wish you the best of luck with your investing choices, Anonymous. I don’t believe that you have made good choices. But that doesn’t make me dislike you or wish you ill.

Hocus, it's not your investing choices which makes people dislike you. It's your boorish behavior. And your multiple personality disorders. Nobody much likes anybody who is a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar. And nobody wishes you ill will. If they did they wouldn't have begged you so many times over the past several years to seek the psychiatric care you so desperately need. It's just very difficult to sympathize with you knowing the burden your refusal to address behavioral problems and mental illness have imposed upon your poor wife and children. If you were capable of any self-reflection you'd understand. But Rob "hocus" Bennett only cares about Rob "hocus" Bennett. End of story.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/23/15 at 19:31:10

If you are thinking of handing in your resignation from a high-paying job, you should first calculate your net worth accurately. If you are using Buy-and-Hold numbers during an out-of-control bull market, the numbers on your portfolio statement are wildly off the mark. There’s 34 years of peer-reviewed research showing that. You should make the necessary adjustments so that you know your true net worth before you hand in any resignations.

Hocus, you should have done a lot more thinking before you quit your high-paying job to troll the internet full-time expecting to achieve Fame & Fortune peddling your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine. You obviously know very little about investing as you assume ALL Buy-Hold-Rebalance portfolios are comprised only of the S&P 500 Index; no sub-asset classes, no international stocks, no bonds allowed. The risk to any portfolio is determined primarily by each individual's stock to bonds ratio. All your squawking about "busted retirements" if they don't follow your Little Precious Lucky Seven scheme is nothing but garden variety hocomania.

The numbers which were wildly off the mark are the ones you used to begin your ill-fated attempt at early retirement. You should have been more careful before you chucked your high-paying jobe despite having insufficient savings, a limited understanding of arithmetic, and a half-a$$ed financial plan. A failed attempt at early-retirement is not pretty as the sad story of the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett clearly shows. How's that net worth statement of yours looking after all these years out of the stock market?
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/25/15 at 13:14:18

Merry Christmas to all hoco-researchers and to you as well, hocus.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/26/15 at 18:18:24

Rob says
December 26, 2015 at 2:55 am
It is Christmas, Rob. Give it a break.

The shift from Buy-and-Hold to Valuation-Informed Indexing is the biggest advance in our understanding of how stock investing works that we have ever achieved as a society, Anonymous. Sharing with the world what we have learned over the past 34 years is an act of love.

To my ears you are saying that we should put aside all acts of love on Christmas Day. That doesn’t make sense to me. I think that we should use Christmas to remind ourselves why love is so important and why we should redouble our effort to open every investing discussion board and blog on the internet to honest posting re safe withdrawal rates and scores of other critically important investment-related topics.

I offer no apologies for doing my part 365 days of the year.

My best and warmest wishes to you and yours during this holiday season.

Rob

Rob, an act of love would be for you to seek the psychiatric care you so desperately need since it's your family who bears the brunt of your mental illness. But since you're also an inveterate narcissist who only thinks of himself, that's not likely to happen. You should give your family an apology for wasting 365 days a year trolling the internet in a futile bid for Fame & Fortune. But you won't, a narcissist never apologizes for his bad behavior.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/28/15 at 12:14:14

I had nothing to do with any of that. All of my energies have been directed to EXPOSING the cover-up and thereby bringing it to a full and complete stop. There are 13 years of Post Archives showing this to be the case. I am safe. And I am darned happy to be able to say that too!

Hocus, all your energies--the mania of mental illness--have been directed to generating Bat$hit Crazy hocomania and bringing serious discussions of personal finance to a full and complete stop. There are 13 years of Post Archives showing that Rob "hocus" Bennett is a narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and a Habitual Liar. Fortunately most of the 13 years of Post Archives reside at the Plop since all of the most popular online personal finance discussion boards and blogs banned you long ago. They're all darned happy to say they cured the problem of a prolific troll who incessantly wallpapered their sites with his self-aggrandizing, Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby PinkUnicorn » 12/28/15 at 20:55:26

The Pink Unicorn says
December 28, 2015 at 9:48 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

“And during the first 13 years of Our Debate About Whether or Not to Permit a Debate we have of course seen thousands of our fellow community members either make that same general point or at least express a desire that honest posting be permitted at every board and blog on the internet so that others can make that same general point in as effective a manner as they are able to make it.”

There is no “debate”, Rob. People from all the popular financial boards decided they did not want to put up with a lying troll like you and decided that they would ban you from the boards due to your poor behavior. There is nothing honest in your posting.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/28/15 at 22:56:18

There are millions of Ken from Sydneys out there and they will all be speaking out in much stronger terms following the onset of the next price crash. Your days living as a free man are limited because of the laws that the people of the United States adopted making financial fraud a felony. Good for the people of the United States! We need to put you Goons in prison cells before the rest of us can move forward in our understanding of how stock investing works in the real world. We are close. I think it would be fair to say that the day your prison sentence is announced will be celebrated as a Second Independence Day for the millions of middle-class people who will become free to plan their retirements effectively on that day.

I can’t wait!

Well hocus, you may think you can't wait but you're gonna have to since none of your Bat$hit Crazy fantasies have any connection to reality. You're just a solitary mentally ill internet troll playing make believe on the far fringes of the Interwebz. As you can see by the lack of traffic at the Plop, nobody visits your sorry blog other than a few HocoResearchers who stop by occasionally to play Poke-the-Troll with you. Nobody needs any guidance from the narcissistic, passive-aggressive, mentally ill internet troll and Habitual Liar Rob "hocus" Bennett to plan their retirements effectively.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/29/15 at 12:06:00

I sat one morning by accident (I was just looking for an empty chair where I could sit and eat my breakfast) with a group of four women who called themselves “preppers.” I had never heard the term before. These are people who are planning in one way or another for a collapse of our economy or our political system or whatever. I tend to think of such people as “doom and gloomers” and I tend not to associate with them much.

Yes hocus, it stands to reason you would feel comfortable being with a group of women with a half-crazy (or more) world view since you yourself are a full-blown lunatic.
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/29/15 at 13:39:23

I had a discussion at dinner last night with a planner that went on for over an hour. He did not adopt my views and I did not adopt his. But we got along great.

That's an hour of his life that unfortunate planner will never get back. Hocus, I'd love to hear his interpretation of the loonnngggggg hour he spent trapped next to you at dinner. I'm willing to bet there was no discussion, only a dreary monologue of Bat$hit Crazy hocomania as you took advantage of a captive audience. :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/31/15 at 13:46:11

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/
Now –

If Laugh showed up every day and posted those same words to every blog entry here, I wouldn’t approve them every time. I can see approving the same comment more than once if it was used in two different places where it had some relevance. But I wouldn’t approve the same comment on a daily basis because it would be boring for people to read the same words over and over again.

"But I wouldn’t approve the same comment on a daily basis because it would be boring for people to read the same words over and over again."

Exactly hocus. EXACTLY!

All of the most popular online personal finance discussion boards and blogs where you once used to troll grew weary of you showing up every day and posting the same Bat$hit Crazy hocomania to every thread so than banned you. You can hardly expect them to allow you to incessantly post your repetitive nonsense and bore everyone to tears while at the same time you delete any and all posts which you don't like at your own Plop. The boards and blogs which banned you were very patient but you can't expect them to allow you to flood their sites with a never-ending deluge of your Bat$hit Crazy Hocomania Routine in perpetuity. Me doth think you protest too much! :lol:
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Previous

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania