Annual Hyperbole Award?

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Annual Hyperbole Award?

Postby DRiP_Guy » 02/06/14 at 19:55:39

If there is some sort of Annual 'Best of' Hyperbole Award, I would like to both nominate and cast my vote, for Mssr. Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, late of the District of Columbia area. This gentleman has laid down a proven track record of unequaled volume and intensity of hyperbole, consistently over a period that spans years if not a decade or more. It is said that everyone has a gift, but not every gift is realized, but in the case on Mssr. Bennett, he certainly does not hide this particular light under a bushel, as reference to just one of his recent episodes will clearly attest. Using as his foundational material something as dry and benign as a SINGLE EMAIL from a rather shy Professor, regarding 'Investing Strategies', the nominee has managed to whip up a veritable cauldron of hyperbolic images, including:
hero... theft... lawsuit... Goons... fraud... raging... death threats... courage... defamation... cowards... career destruction... prison... Nobel (and Noble!!!) Prizes... Love... demands... insanity... horror... massive cover-ups...

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/2014 ... o-do-that/

And that's all in ONE article about ONE mildly phrased questioning email that another person allegedly wrote to a third party!

So one can readily imagine the hyperbole coiled up like the power inside the nucleus of the atom, contained within the rest of the site's articles, and over 200 linked webcasts, not to mention his...er... enthusiastic... posts to various sites on the web.

When it comes to the best candidate for such an award, I don't think this offering can be surpassed.
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Re: Annual Hyperbole Award?

Postby DRiP_Guy » 02/11/14 at 07:45:00

From today's Plop. He could not sound more like a spurned lover if he tried!

:lol:

All of a sudden, Wade was singing a very different tune and receiving offers of big job promotions. I wonder whether he was being honest during the 16 months he spent... with me... I shared everything I knew with him.  
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 02/11/14 at 07:50:34

From yesterday's Plop Rant?.

Needless to say, as always, Rob fails to identify who he is claiming SPECIFICALLY said the things he claims, so that it cannot be checked and corroborated with the alleged speaker first-hand.

Misconstrual, purposeful ambiguity, shading, prevaricating, outright lying. These are Rob's 'tools' he uses as he plies his odd craft.

HINT: Those are not the tools of an actual 'reporter'. They are the tools of an anarchist or propagandist.

?I Have Had Academic Researchers Tell Me That They Dream of the Day When They Will Be Able to Do Honest Work Once Again. I Have Had Investment Advisors Tell Me That They Dream of the Day When They Will Be Able to Give Honest Investing Advice Again.?

Bullsh1t. ?Total.
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby dab90south » 02/11/14 at 10:43:54

well, his Caps work.  keyboard must not be entirely full of cheesy-poof dust yet.

"i hear dead people"

when you only have one act, and it's not drawing crowds....that's a sign of failure.
dab90south
***** God Member

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania