Anyone else still around?

Can retiring early make you crazy? Get the latest news from the world of Hoco-mania. Surprising insights on arithmetic, imagined 'death threats', message board administration, and the merits of leaving a high-paying job only to pursue sub-minimum wage work in retirement to make ends meet. For more on Hocomania see Rob Bennett, author of Passion Saving.

Re: Anyone else still around?

Postby ataloss » 11/23/17 at 17:17:38

Tashina, great story. Rob helped you get a job but never got one himself. I think rob has outlasted the interest of even the diehard hocusologists.
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 12/18/17 at 17:30:20

Just a quick "Hello" to the few who still occasionally stop by here. All good things must come to an end and it seems the glory days of hocomania are long gone. It's too bad hokum chose to quit posting at this HocoPlaypen John Greaney so graciously established for him. There was some good times had by all. These days Rob much prefers the comfort of his own Plop where he rules the comments with an iron fist. For a time I amused myself playing Poke-the-Troll with him there but a few months back I decided I was wasting too much time on my hocomania habit so quit cold turkey. Probably long overdue. There were some good people involved in the field of hocoresearch but pretty much everyone has moved on. Way past time for me to do so as well I finally decided. There remains only the deranged one himself endlessly trolling his own blog. One strange dude!

Happy Holidays to all!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Postby Sensible Investor » 12/19/17 at 15:31:02

One more year until Hoco's eligible for whatever pittance he's owed from the Social Security Administration.
Sensible Investor

Postby PinkUnicorn » 12/27/17 at 09:18:56

Hello Yip and Sensible. As the year end approaches, I though I would check in to see if anything has really changed in the fantasy world of hocomania. It still looks like a broken record over at the plop as he is still repeating the same lies and distortions. What a pity for his family. I left him post, but not sure if he will let it through his filters.

Sensible- Your comment about Rob’s upcoming pittance of a social security payment is one thing I also thought of as well. Rob will tell you that it doesn’t matter since he will be getting $500 million settlement payment. If that is the plan, he might need to use the few bucks he gets every month from social security to buy lottery tickets, because that is the only way he is likely to get a windfall.
PinkUnicorn

Postby Sensible Investor » 12/27/17 at 09:55:13

While we're looking back at the year that was, I decided to check on my performance at Vanguard. 18.7%! Not a bad year. I would have done much better if I had kept all those individual stocks I had but they were sold for the down payment on the house a few years back.
Sensible Investor

Postby ataloss » 03/24/18 at 15:58:56

"I'm a believer" from Rob's favorite band came on to my music stream and made me thing of him. I hope Rob has moved on from his fixation and become a productive member of society.
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 03/25/18 at 14:33:20

I've moved on but still get emails if anyone posts to the Hocoplaypen. While I wonder sometimes if Rob is still chasing windmills at his Plop, I haven't wondered enough to venture over there. I don't want to risk getting sucked into that time drain again!
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Previous

Return to The Best of Hoco-mania