Tried to ask this one 3times at the plop today

Rob's vision of "honest and informed debate" doesn't include answering simple and straightforward questions put to him. The unanswered questions cataloged here are an important part of Rob Bennett's Passion Saving, Hocomania.

Moderator: tmeri

Tried to ask this one 3times at the plop today

Postby Sensible Investor » 02/25/14 at 20:16:22

Today at the plop Rob posted the following in one of his walls of text in the comments section.

http://arichlife.passionsaving.com/2014 ... ment-81707

Going by pure logic, it makes no sense. A 70 percent stock allocation or even an 80 percent stock allocation makes sense under Buy-and-Hold. Under Valuation-Informed Indexing, something around 20 percent made sense at the time Wade advanced this post. 30 percent could work. Something in that neighborhood. He chose 50 percent, about the mid-point between what the two models recommend. Huh? He chose an allocation that doesn?t make sense under either model! Why?

He did it because he is one of the humans. He once believed in Buy-and-Hold. Now he believes in Valuation-Informed Indexing. But he doesn?t Believe with a capital ?B?. He kinda sorta believes. The two models are opposites. It is hard to make that transition all at one time. What Wade really was doing was taking a step in the direction of a belief in VII without making the entire journey. What he said was: ?Yes, Virginia, VII works!? What he should have said if he were capable of 100 percent self-awareness (none of us are) is: ?Yes, Virginia, VII kinda, sorta works ? I think!?

I posted this simple question, then again two more times after it was deleted.

"Rob, if 20-30% stocks is a good VII allocation why are you still at 0%?"

That fraud disparaged Wade for not following guidelines that he doesn't even follow himself. It seems that Rob himself only believes in VII with a lower case "b".
Rob Bennett's comment on December 19, 2013: "I was wrong and the Buy-and-Hold people have a much better approach to investing than I do."

http://outofyourrut.com/robert-shiller- ... is-punches
Sensible Investor

Re: Tried to ask this one 3times at the plop today

Postby Yipee-Ki-O » 02/26/14 at 12:01:40

Good observation, Sensible Investor. Using the criteria that hocus himself has established;

"What Wade really was doing was taking a step in the direction of a belief in VII without making the entire journey"

clearly means the the Grand Poobah of Lucky Seven hasn't even packed his bags for the journey!
Work is the refuge of those who have nothing better to do, Oscar Wilde
Yipee-Ki-O
***** God Member

Re: Tried to ask this one 3times at the plop today

Postby Sensible Investor » 02/26/14 at 16:08:41

If Robert Bennett wants anyone outside of 160 Hatcher in Purcellville to take him seriously the first step would be for him to take his own advice.

This has been pointed out numerous times already, but I'll also add that this sort of censorship is exactly what Rob would call a "ban on honest posting".
Rob Bennett's comment on December 19, 2013: "I was wrong and the Buy-and-Hold people have a much better approach to investing than I do."

http://outofyourrut.com/robert-shiller- ... is-punches
Sensible Investor

Return to Simple Questions Rob Bennett Doesn't Answer