Learning how to retire early and to invest effecti

Rob's vision of "honest and informed debate" doesn't include answering simple and straightforward questions put to him. The unanswered questions cataloged here are an important part of Rob Bennett's Passion Saving, Hocomania.

Moderator: tmeri

Learning how to retire early and to invest effecti

Postby Schroeder » 08/12/07 at 09:12:08

Hocus claims that rules need to be enforced at any board community hoping to help people learn what it takes to retire early or to invest effectively. My question is, what good is this if hocus is, in fact, unwilling to help people learn what it takes to retire early or to invest effectively?

Here is the exchange where I provided an opportunity for hocus to help people learn what it takes to retire early or to invest effectively . . .

http://www.s152957355.onlinehome.us/cgi ... 2659/38#38

Hocus, sir! Perhaps you were too busy with other more urgent postings. But could I please have the pleasure of your honest and informed wisdom?

hocus wrote:Any investing board that does not permit honest posting on the safe-withdrawal-rate topic is a corrupt board. A busted retirement is a very severe life setback. There is no possible justification for banning honest posting on this topic, no matter what sort of procedural tactics are employed to effect the ban.

I agree completely, hocus.

So where can I go where honest posting on the safe-withdrawal-rate topic is permitted?

hocus wrote:Those rules need to be enforced at any board community hoping to help people learn what it takes to retire early or to invest effectively.

Again, I completely agree.

I am someone who hopes to learn what it takes to retire early and to invest effectively. I'm 46 years old. Let's say I have $400,000. And my annual expenses are $40,000. How do I effectively invest this money? How much money do I need to retire early? And how long will it take to accumulate that sum and retire early?

Schroeder

And here is hocus' reply . . .

I'm 46 years old.

It could be worse. ?

In ten years, it probably will be. Then you'll be able to say without even trying to make things sound worse than they really are: "I'm 56 years old."

And that's if you're lucky!

Rob

And I gave hocus one more opportunity to show what it takes to retire early or to invest effectively . . .

hocus wrote:I'm 46 years old.

It could be worse.

In ten years, it probably will be. Then you'll be able to say without even trying to make things sound worse than they really are: "I'm 56 years old."

And that's if you're lucky!

Rob

I think you left out all the details, hocus. I realize that in ten years, I'll be 56 years old (God willing). But what I'm really interested in is your help to learn what it takes to retire early and to invest effectively. Again, let's say I have $400,000. And my annual expenses are $40,000. How do I effectively invest this money? How much money do I need to retire early? And how long will it take to accumulate that sum and retire early?

Schroeder
Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Return to Simple Questions Rob Bennett Doesn't Answer