Blog input that won't see the light of day!

Rob's vision of "honest and informed debate" doesn't include answering simple and straightforward questions put to him. The unanswered questions cataloged here are an important part of Rob Bennett's Passion Saving, Hocomania.

Moderator: tmeri

Blog input that won't see the light of day!

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/02/07 at 06:57:26

I have asked Bennett some questions and made comments to his Blog, as invited, in order to...

Foster Free 'n Informed Investing On Planet Internet For The Masses To Read.

Here is an input that I don't think will make it through [s]censorship[/s] Hoco-moderation, and will be buried just like many others...

Rob, you tell us hopeful retirees to:

"Never worry too much about the particulars."

Hypothetically, if I have $400,000 NW, two kids, a wife, and no real job prospects. Should I quit my high paying job and buy 100% TIPS, hoping to get a million seller on the NYT Book review by trolling Internet chat boards all day?

Or is this too specific?
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Re: Blog input that won't see the light of day!

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/03/07 at 11:26:56

Posted to the Hocoblog, 03 March 2007:

Doncha want free-n-informed posting, Hocus?

If so, why not quit being a heavy handed censor, turn on the comments spigot, and let the dialog fly? As an example of how well that paradigm actually works in real life, just take a look at the ~750 members in about a week that have flocked to the new Diehards forum. Amazing! And, it pretty much shows why your own pre-moderated "blog" is an abysmal failure, doesn't it?
Robert Michael "Hocus" Bennett, October 22, 2010: "I have been living off my savings for 10 years"
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby tashina » 03/03/07 at 12:02:57

How do we know he doesn't have 800 users a week posting to his blog?  :o

He probably has 2000-3000 posts a week but only the sophisticated few are able to pass the special test and be published.   :roll:

Maybe you should send along a few bucks with your next comment. Hocus believes in paying for better placement and publicity.  ;D
tashina
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 03/03/07 at 14:53:36

tashina wrote:
Maybe you should send along a few bucks with your next comment. Hocus believes in paying for better placement and publicity.  ;D

But of course!  I had forgotten the essential ingredient in any hocus-related biz venture - PAYOLA.

:lol:
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby syke-- » 03/03/07 at 18:10:18

DRiP Guy wrote:
tashina wrote:

But of course!  I had forgotten the essential ingredient in any hocus-related biz venture - PAYOLA.

:lol:

And let's not forget how well buying off the nofeeboards worked out.  
syke--
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 06/05/07 at 16:39:34

Haloscan comment made today that I'm sure will get 86'ed and not replied to:

Rob, you say: "I am... big on the potential of the discussion-board as an important communications medium of the future."

Great! But, I have yet to see you post your fact based treatise on why SWR information currently available is so wrong. "Obviously false" and "Demonstrably false SWR study" are terms that you have used.

The was a discussion board set specifically for you to do that, and entertain free and open dialog:

http://swrtracker.wordpress.com/

Why have you not used that forum to alert people with the specifcs and facts you claim back up your case?

SWRTracker
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby DRiP_Guy » 06/05/07 at 16:49:58

DRiP Guy wrote:Posted to the Hocoblog, 03 March 2007:

...just take a look at the ~750 members in about a week that have flocked to the new Diehards [since renamed Bogleheads] forum. Amazing! And, it pretty much shows why your own pre-moderated "blog" is an abysmal failure, doesn't it?

Oh, and it's 2,187 members  as of today, Rob.

With 30,000 messages!

Wow.  

Gee, I wonder how that would have worked out if they had opted instead for your curious Hoco-brand? of heavy-handed moderation based on personal ego, plus Haloscan-only comments. Maybe not-so-good...?  ;D

(They sure do seem pretty robust for an oppressed minority, who are not able to speak the truth on SWR, due to the Campaign of Terror!)

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:01 pm
Post subject: Hitting the 30k Mark

Not bad at all, another 10,000 notes in one month. Currently just over the 30,000 mark. Some are still waiting for the Bogleheads Bubble to burst.
DRiP_Guy
***** God Member

Postby intercst » 06/06/07 at 11:22:28

There's a tremendoius demand for "hocus-free" discussion on investing and retirement planning.

The boards that have banned hocus are thriving.

intercst
Some people are leaders, some are followers, and a few don't want to join the parade.
intercst
***** God Member

Postby Fred333 » 10/18/07 at 10:10:28

Very true. Everyone is out there looking for some solid information on investing and retirement.
Fred333
* Newbies

Return to Simple Questions Rob Bennett Doesn't Answer