Was NFB worthwhile or not?

Rob's vision of "honest and informed debate" doesn't include answering simple and straightforward questions put to him. The unanswered questions cataloged here are an important part of Rob Bennett's Passion Saving, Hocomania.

Moderator: tmeri

Was NFB worthwhile or not?

Postby nfs » 06/06/06 at 10:24:11

In this post, I asked Rob ...

Is the SeWeR reincarnation boon or bane?

He wouldn't respond to the question, replying instead with an affirmation of the value of censorship.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall. - Roger Waters
nfs
***** God Member

Re: Was NFB worthwhile or not?

Postby hocus » 06/06/06 at 11:19:44

He wouldn't respond to the question, replying instead with an affirmation of the value of censorship.

Thank heavens there's someone in this community who still has a little bit of sense and courage.

Remember the old days, when we had hundreds of them?

Maybe we'll be able to get some of them back. Maybe we'll get some new ones to replace those we have lost.

The best really is yet to come. That's my take, anyway.

Chins up, fellow Passion Savers!

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 06/06/06 at 11:22:33

Who is this hocus individual anyway?

Everybody is always talking about him.

Is he somebody famous? Does he really know his stuff? Nice guy?

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby BigMoneyJim » 06/06/06 at 12:03:59

Yeah, I've been really surprised at his silence about the matter. It's something he was trying to pay me to do just a few weeks ago, and here somebody has gone and done it at no cost to him. And they did a FANTASTIC job of it! I promise you that was a lot of tedious work.

Sure, they're calling it "SeWeR" instead of "SWR Research". But hocus regularly sings raddr's praises even though raddr has been vying for "top goon" status for a long while now. Why the snub of SeWeR?

Now that I think about it, hocus has always sung the most praise about those post archives that are most difficult to retrieve: Old TMF stuff where you don't have search capability without subscription (if I recall); dory36's short-lived alternate methodology which is unretrievable now as far as I know and the deleted NFB board.

Perhaps hocus is full of crap and doesn't really want people checking the archives? Perhaps he hopes that people will believe they say what he says they say?

What SeWeR does is allow easy, in-context access of those post archives. If someone has a doubt about the authenticity, then you can double-check with a relatively easy search against JWR's posted archives in .doc format.

I think this episode helps illustrate an important point: hocus doesn't just want certain materials available, but he wants them available only in a light that promotes him or his agenda.
BigMoneyJim
***** God Member

Postby nfs » 06/06/06 at 16:01:31

BigMoneyJim wrote:It's something he was trying to pay me to do just a few weeks ago, ...

Shhhh.  Maybe he's too dim to notice.

If he can put Mary and the boys at even greater financial risk by blowing ten grand or more on a garage full of unsaleable paper, I'm sure he can convince her that paying you a few thousand is worthwhile.

I suspect he's cut you out.  I think he's negotiating with Phoenix on the sly for either a takeover of or an SQL dump of the SeWeR.
nfs
***** God Member

Postby ataloss » 06/07/06 at 05:12:18

referring to the old posts was just a debating tactic
even though I am sure h has links to at least some of the old tmf stuff he prefers vague references to the golden days of tmf
Rob, please get help: Loudoun County Mental Health 703-771-5100  I am not a mental health professional. I am not qualified to diagnose or treat. Get help. What do you have to lose? Your current course is catastrophically unproductive.
ataloss
***** God Member

Postby nfs » 06/07/06 at 10:40:57

ataloss wrote:referring to the old posts was just a debating tactic

Are you accusing hocus and jwr of playing "word games"?  ;D :lol: :lol:
nfs
***** God Member

Postby Phoenix » 06/08/06 at 01:12:57

nfs wrote:I think he's negotiating with Phoenix on the sly for either a takeover of or an SQL dump of the SeWeR.

Not a chance.
Proud proprietor of the SeWeR and founding administrator of Bogleheads
Phoenix

Return to Simple Questions Rob Bennett Doesn't Answer