[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Retire Early Home Page • View topic - More hocus copyright infringement?

More hocus copyright infringement?

Read about the latest happenings of our site!

More hocus copyright infringement?

Postby intercst » 10/17/06 at 14:34:10

intercst
***** God Member

Re: More hocus copyright infringement?

Postby tmeri » 10/17/06 at 15:00:02

Claim to fame -- first ever to win hocus bingo.

Hocus does not have my permission to use my words or stories anywhere, ever.

We have MOVIES!  
tmeri
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 10/17/06 at 15:06:47

Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 10/17/06 at 15:29:18

Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby intercst » 10/17/06 at 16:02:26

intercst
***** God Member

Postby Schroeder » 10/17/06 at 17:20:56

Proud Member of the Financial Freedom Community!
Schroeder
***** God Member

Postby arrete » 10/17/06 at 20:14:09

arrete
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 10/18/06 at 03:12:54

Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link:
hocus
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 10/18/06 at 04:57:06

Which - just coincidentally I'm sure - is the service that the one book reviewer who likes Rob's book (Audrey Owen) advertises on her self-publishing site.

It's not coincidence. But the suggestions that have been put forward in posts to this board that Audrey offers positive reviews in exchange for money are typical of the intimidation and smear tactics that we have seen since the earliest days of the Campaign of Terror. It is ugly stuff, and no community member should tolerate it in our community.

I came to know Audrey through SiteSell. When she looked at my site, she learned about the book. Her reaction to the book was the reaction that I have received from most readers of the book.

When some time opens up for me, I will be sending the book for reviews at lots of places. I think it would be fair to say that the signs are that there are going to be lots and lots of positive reviews. The argument will no doubt be made then that, because I paid for the postage to send the book to the reviewers that all of them were "paid for" and should not be viewed as legitimate counters to the Smear Campaign posts of the defenders of John Greaney's demonstrably false SWR claims.

Deception is a cancer. You start out saying that it doesn't matter that William Bernstein says that your safe withdrawal rate claims are "highly misleading." That leads to a need to engage in deception of what you think of a fellow community member's Retire Early plan (because that community member put up a post reporting on what Bernstein said). That leads to a need to engage in deception about what you said about that community member in the past (Greaney himself and a good number of Goons have made comments about my writings every bit as favorable as Audrey's in the days when they were not waging a Campaign of Terror to block honest posting on SWRs at our boards). That leads to a need to engage in smears against any board that permits the person being smeared to post honestly (thus, the FIRE board had to be destroyed, and the SWR Research Group had to be destroyed, and the Alternate Methodology SWR board had to be destroyed, and the Early Retirement Forum and the Vanguard Diehards boards needed to be taught a lesson and the Financial Freedom Blog had to be swarmed with abusive posting and John Walter Russelll's site needs to be smeared and on and on).

There is no good end to the Path of Deception. We escape the ugliness by reversing the steps that brought us to it. When we tell the truth about things, the need for deception and intimidation and Smear Campaigns goes away. The first step is lifting the ban on honest SWR posting. Permit honesty on that topic, and we regain the ability to attract people of integrity and intelligence to all of our boards. As those sorts of people gain increased influence, all of the other issues take care of themselves.

The starting point to getting back to where we once belonged is permitting honest posting on the SWR topic, just as the starting point on getting to this horrible place where we stand today was imposing a ban on honest posting on the SWR topic. He's reached a point now where he cannot even tolerate positive commentary on his ideas (presumably because any discussion of the Retire Early topic whatsoever poses the threat of attracting people informed on the topic of early retirement to our boards). He's not worth it. It's not even close.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link:
hocus
***** God Member

Postby arrete » 10/18/06 at 08:57:26

hocus, you forgot the part where you committed copyright infringement.

arrete
arrete
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 10/18/06 at 10:12:45

Not helpful, Arrete.

Rob
hocus
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 10/18/06 at 10:25:39

Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 10/18/06 at 11:39:58

Orion.
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 10/18/06 at 12:39:44

Can I mow your lawn for you?

No, but how good are you at working a plunger?

Rob
hocus
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 10/18/06 at 14:24:09

Orion.
***** God Member

Next

Return to News