The Best of Hocomania -- Community Edition

Read about the latest happenings of our site!

The Best of Hocomania -- Community Edition

Postby intercst » 09/03/06 at 12:17:29

The tremendous interest generated by September 2006 article on 'Early Retirement Plan Failures' featuring the failed hocus retirement plan has made me realize that there's a large market for unbiased analysis on all things Hocomania.

I'm planning on publishing a book entitled The Best of Hocomania -- Passion Saving author Rob (hocus) Bennett's secrets of retiring too early. I'll release a 'Community Edition' first in downloadable .pdf format, then look into a 'print on demand' (POD) publisher if anyone wants bound hardcopies of this exciting work. This publishing strategy will allow me to avoid the $20,000 loss suffered by Passion Saving author Rob Bennett when he printed and warehoused thousands of copies of unsaleable books.

Since books usually sell on the basis of their covers, I figured I'd start with that.

What do community members think?

intercst

Some people are leaders, some are followers, and a few don't want to join the parade.
intercst
***** God Member

Re: The Best of Hocomania -- Community Edition

Postby hocus » 09/03/06 at 15:42:46

I think it would be fair to say that I struck a nerve.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby tashina » 09/03/06 at 17:06:00

I think you need a more impressive title, intercst. If Hocus claims to be the Founder of the RE discussion board community, surely you should be The Originator of the Idea of Early Retirement or somesuch.  :P
tashina
***** God Member

Postby sgeeeee » 09/03/06 at 17:12:48

I love it.  It would be worth buying the book just for the cover.   :) :D :D
-sgeeeee
sgeeeee
***** God Member

Postby Orion. » 09/03/06 at 17:52:05

That's one "hocus book" that I'd be willing to pay for.

Do you have an outline yet? ?Chapters that come to mind if you wanted to go essentially chronologically:

Passion Daydreaming
Passion Quitting
Passion Rambling
Passion Trolling
Passion Obfuscation
Passion Misdirection
Passion Flatulence
Passion Banning
Passion Rereading the Six Previous Chapters
Passion Underperformance
Passion Stock Manipulation
Passion Rereading the Nine Previous Chapters
Passion Rereading the Ten Previous Chapters
Passion Resume Writing
Passion Job Hunting

(Feel free to rearrange if I got any of the chronology wrong.)
Seriously, hocus, I don't know if you're really insane or you just believe that acting that way is a good way to get attention.

My closest friends say that it appears to them that's a little bit of both.. -- hocus 2007.
Orion.
***** God Member

Postby intercst » 09/03/06 at 22:13:58

I'm planning on including an Appendix in the book that preserves the Hocomania on this board in its entirety and within context. That means copying each thread where hocus has posted in its complete and unvarnished glory.

There are 37 pages of threads currently listed on the Best of Hocomania board. I copied the hoco-threads from the first two pages and the Appendix ia already 191 pages long.

This thing could be bigger than the Encyclopedia Brittanica. <LOL>

intercst
Some people are leaders, some are followers, and a few don't want to join the parade.
intercst
***** God Member

Postby sgeeeee » 09/04/06 at 00:14:12

intercst wrote:I'm planning on including an Appendix in the book that preserves the Hocomania on this board in its entirety and within context. That means copying each thread where hocus has posted in its complete and unvarnished glory.

There are 37 pages of threads currently listed on the Best of Hocomania board. I copied the hoco-threads from the first two pages and the Appendix ia already 191 pages long.

This thing could be bigger than the Encyclopedia Brittanica. <LOL>

intercst

You may have to sell it in 40 binders.   :lol: :lol: :lol:
-sgeeeee
sgeeeee
***** God Member

Postby sgeeeee » 09/04/06 at 00:15:34

orion wrote:That's one "hocus book" that I'd be willing to pay for.

Do you have an outline yet? ?Chapters that come to mind if you wanted to go essentially chronologically:

Passion Daydreaming
Passion Quitting
Passion Rambling
Passion Trolling
Passion Obfuscation
Passion Misdirection
Passion Flatulence
Passion Banning
Passion Rereading the Six Previous Chapters
Passion Underperformance
Passion Stock Manipulation
Passion Rereading the Nine Previous Chapters
Passion Rereading the Ten Previous Chapters
Passion Resume Writing
Passion Job Hunting

(Feel free to rearrange if I got any of the chronology wrong.)

I'm thinking there may be a chapter titled, "Passion Agressive Posting".   :lol: :lol: :lol:
-sgeeeee
sgeeeee
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 09/04/06 at 03:11:24

I think you need a more impressive title, intercst.

This was discussed once on the Motley Fool board. My recollection is that the consensus was that Greaney is the founder of both the Chickenhawk Movement and the Anti-Retire-Early Movement. Respect must be paid.

Rob
Lying and sliming since May 12, 2002 --  Don't understand why intercst allows me to post here. Learn more about Rob Bennett, see link: http://retireearlyhomepage.com/bennett.html
hocus
***** God Member

Postby arrete » 09/04/06 at 08:19:20

My recollection is that the consensus was that Greaney is the founder of both the Chickenhawk Movement and the Anti-Retire-Early Movement.

You didn't even get that right.  It's anti-Chickenhawk movement.  Nobody really quarrels with intercst's response when a early retirement question is asked.  Reading comprehension!

arrete
Quando omni flunkus moritati.
arrete
***** God Member

Postby hocus » 09/04/06 at 08:50:16

Nobody really quarrels with intercst's response when a early retirement question is asked.

Well, it would probably be safe to say that there is no one left at any of the boards at which he posts (or at which his Goons do patrol duty) who would dare to ask a question of him that he has indicated he does not want to hear put forward.

Rob
hocus
***** God Member

Return to News