Is this board gong away ?

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

Delawaredave
* Rookie

Is this board gong away ?

Post by Delawaredave »

I don't understand the post in the Community Forum - is this SWR Research group going away ?

Any other place to resume this work ?

Thanks !
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

The whole board here (this homepage) will go away. That is sad but true as things stand now. How any of the boards will be backed up is still unclear. Cheers!
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

Any other place to resume this work ?

I put forward a proposal at the Town Center board that ES transfer rights to the material at this board (as well as SWR posts on the FIRE board) to JWR1945 or me. If he were to go along with that, we could go on as we are now (and we have been building up a head of steam at this place of late--the number of monthly posts here is way up), except that the SWR board would be the only board at the site.

In the event that ES does not adopt that proposal, we will have to find another place to publish material re the Data-Based SWR Tool. The place to look for updates is my web site, PassionSaving.com, which I expect to begin updating regularly in May.

My guess is that I may set up a section of that site for articles on what the historical data says re SWRs. I'd like to have JWR1945 participate, but we haven't has a chance to talk over ideas yet, so I don't know whether I will be able to come up with a format that will work for him. I expect to start a discussion board somewhere down the road, but I am reluctant to take that on anytime real soon. In any event, if I end up being involved in something SWR related or if I become aware of something that JWR1945 is doing, there will at a minimum be reference to it at the web site.