disclaimer for swr board

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

disclaimer for swr board

Post by ataloss »

Mike (on the swr board):
Because investor newbies who chance upon the board may misinterpret what they are reading, I wonder if a sticky post at the top carefully worded to explain things to newbies might help to avoid actions by them based upon incomplete understanding. Most of the regulars who post on NFB are seasoned investors who think before they act, but I have no idea how many newbies might be lurking on the boards.

I think that this is a good idea. Probably the disclaimer should indicate that no out of sample testing has been done and that inconvenient data has been excluded to improve correlation. Other ideas for inclusion?
Have fun.

Ataloss
ataloss
**** Heavy Hitter

Post by ataloss »

jwr doesn't seem to like my idea for the disclaimer post. since he has made hundreds of posts about 30 year safe withdrawal rates for various stock switching stratagies I thought it might be of interest that he doesn't base his retirement on any such approach. somehow my statement that he doesn't use the strategy that he admits that he doesn't use is "untrue" in the swr board context
Have fun.

Ataloss