No Fees! No Ads! No Spam!

What happened?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenSolar
*** Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

datasnooper wrote:
I had in mind you [ataloss], wanderer, hocus, and more. Not intercst.

That is the thing, datasnooper, in terms of actual intellectual disagreements over stuff like 'does valuation affect SWRs' or 'is the REHP style study sufficient to ensure a safe retirement', there were practically none at this board. There is overwhelming agreement here that yes, valuation matters, and no, the REHP study isn't sufficient alone.

Somehow, though, we all ended up as 'defenders of the status quo' in hocus' mind, we all were engaged in a smear campaign, breaking rules, etc ... to prevent hocus' message being heard. What started as a natural alliance broke down under the weight of hocus' obsession with the REHP board and intercst, and hocus' inability to clearly and succinctly present and defend his ideas. That's the way I see it.

wanderer
*** Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! I finally (!) actually read the MSN post by hocus. Toward the end he mentions my malfeasance and my unethical debating techniques. I guess I subconsciously was looking for my name in bold. Oy gestalt!

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
peteyperson
**** Heavy Hitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderer,

I frankly couldn't be arsed to read the hocus post. I took a look, it was the same all over again. Best just to leave him to his own devices. I'm satisifed that there is no one magic number and so his approach is wrong. I'm also satisfied that his answer would be wrong even if there was a magic number because the guy states he doesn't do math. Seems to me a bit like someone saying they're going to write a Pulitzer prize winning book someday but they don't right da words tu gud like ya know? Laughing

Petey
wanderer wrote:
LOL! I finally (!) actually read the MSN post by hocus. Toward the end he mentions my malfeasance and my unethical debating techniques. I guess I subconsciously was looking for my name in bold. Oy gestalt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NoFeeBoards.com! Forum Index » Town Center All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: