"They came on purpose for September 18"

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
wanderer
*** Veteran

"They came on purpose for September 18"

Post by wanderer »

regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

On purpose? :) I'll bet good money that none of the tourists were even aware of any significance of that date to the Chinese. If they were even paying attention to anything, the news around those dates was busy commemorating Prime Minister Koizumi's visit to North Korea on September 17th of last year, which led to the release of several Japanese kidnapping victims from NK. It was all-kidnapping-all-the-time in the media, not a peep about China.

Cheers,
Bpp
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

sorry, not following: what is the significance to the chinese (the kidnapping thing?)?

i liked the double entendre. I think they were paying attention to one thing. :wink:
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
bpp
** Regular

Post by bpp »

Hi Wanderer,
sorry, not following: what is the significance to the chinese (the kidnapping thing?)?

Absolutely no significance to the Chinese, of course. My only point was that if someone had asked the tourists before they went what significance the dates 16-18 September held, probably the only thing that might have stood a chance of coming to their minds (besides the prospect of getting laid) would be the North Korea thing. But I doubt that anything to do with China or the Chinese (above the waistline) would have come to mind at all. I was basically just responding to the thread heading.

On a more philosophical note, as long as it was all consenting adults involved and no use of taxpayers' money involved, I find it hard to get very exercised about this event. Worse stuff happens with child prostitutes in south-east Asia all the time. That should be focused on.

Cheers,
Bpp