Style/Portfolio Analysis (Lg Value, Lg Grwth, Sm Value, ...)

Financial Independence/Retire Early -- Learn How!
Oliver
* Rookie

Style/Portfolio Analysis (Lg Value, Lg Grwth, Sm Value, ...)

Post by Oliver »

Hello,

I have been using Morningstar xray to look at my portfolio. You can currently try out Xray http://portfolio.morningstar.com/PortDa ... erid=A2036 . I am able to get most of the info from using the Morningstar tools at TR Price for free. What tools have you found useful?

Oliver

PS I pulled the link from another board - I do not know who/what the referid is.
Portfolio X-Ray® Overview Page and Holdings Analysis
Get an overall examination of your portfolio, including asset allocation, stock sector analysis, style box diversification, international exposure, and fees and expenses.

Stock Intersection
If mutual funds are part of your holdings, it can be hard to tell how much of a stock you really own. Stock Intersection identifies multiple occurrences of a stock, fund by fund.

Risk Analyzer (I don't believe this is available at TR Price - Oliver)
See how your portfolio might behave in a bear market and how each holding might contribute to a gain or loss. Also, see how changes to your portfolio might affect its overall risk.
caseynshan
* Rookie

Post by caseynshan »

Thanks, I've been wanting to figure out what the PE of my portfolio was.
caseynshan
* Rookie

Post by caseynshan »

Thanks, this was invaluable in realizing some of my funds that are listed as blends obviously have more Value than I realized and some of my funds that are listed as Small or Mid Cap are larger Cap than I thought.

I plan on selling a little of my Large Cap Value (Vanguard Windsor) and moving into my small Cap Blend/Value (Fidelity Low Price)

Style Box Diversification

Portfolio Composition by Percent

29 14 16 - Large

12 10 6 - Medium

5 5 3 - Small

Val - Ble - Gro