Discussion with Ed Easterling of Crestmont Research

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

Crestmont: Thanks for your visit and an interesting, fascinating discussion.

Have fun. Thanks!

John R.
Crestmont
* Rookie

Bernstein Quote

Post by Crestmont »

hocus,

Berstein has several great points. I agree that people are slow to change their perspectives (probably a combination of hope (inate optimism) and cognitive dissonance (the tendency to avoid conflicting experiences)).

We are probably headed to changes in the way people invest. Just as mutual funds and collaterized securities became widely accepted over the past two decades, we are likely to see that investors will use the broad array of securities and risk experiences of the past few years to move toward a more active approach of managing risk and return in investing. The passive particpation techniques of the past are likely to evolve into active approaches.

Is there one last question or comment?

P.S. Thanks JWR on Gordon Equation, I was only aware of the Klein-Gordon Equation relating to partial differential equations.

It does highlight the impact of a negative growth rate.
Crestmont
* Rookie

All The Best

Post by Crestmont »

hocus, JWR, and others that particpated currently or will review this in the future,

The questions and comments have been interesting and thought provoking. I've enjoyed the opportunty to have this discussion and wish you all the best in your research and investments.

If you have further comments about the thread today or the material on out website, please send an e-mail to the address listed on Crestmont's website.

Have a good day!
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

Thanks. We appreciate your time and your insights.

Have fun.

John R.
hocus

Post by hocus »

Is there one last question or comment?

No. Please go. You have done more than your share here.

The Wave thanks you!