A legend in our time

A place for the NFB community to discuss any subject.
JWR1945
***** Legend

A legend in our time

Post by JWR1945 »

wanderer will soon be a legend on these boards.

Have fun.

John R.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings John :)

Yes that will go nicely because he's already a legend in his own mind. :shock::wink:
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

wanderer will soon be a legend on these boards

how so?

Yes that will go nicely because he's already a legend in his own mind.

indeed! :wink:
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

An Admiral asks:
how so?
Have fun.

John R.
hocus

Post by hocus »

wanderer will soon be a legend on these boards. [referring to his promotion from the rank of "admiral"]

It does my heart good to see that. As those who follow The Great Debate on that other board know, it was the smears directed at Wanderer [who in my view is the best poster whose ever posted at that board] that caused me to decide to "take on" the current Board General there.

It is a wonderful thing that wanderer's contributions get the recognition they deserve at this place (to be fair to the other board, most of the community there loved him until he asked a question or two of one particular poster there that made the expression of support for him there "problematic").

Wanderer is intense about this stuff, in the best possible way. I know enough about the field to see implications in some of the things he says that I believe some others might at times miss. You could spend a year just pulling out old Wanderer posts and exploring the ideas in them in greater depth than they have been explored so far. The reason his posts are sometimes long is that there are so many sound insights within him struggling to get out.

I have read everything I could get my hands on in the literature in this field, and Wanderer is one of the smartest and most balanced people in the world writing about it today. I said that in a post at the other board just yesterday. For those wanting the full story, I identified Wanderer, raddr, and JWR1945 as my three "heroes," and added FoolMeOnce, BenSolar, and PtSurMr to my list of "Giants" of the Motley Fool's REHP Board.

I have long-term plans to get Wanderer and all the others back posting at the other board (while they continue with the fine work they do here as well, of course). Last week I offered Wanderer what I think might be an equally appropriate moniker for when he posts at the Motley Fool board after the reign of the current Board General comes to an end. When I take over control of that place, Wanderer will hold the title of official Board Rasputin!
wanderer
*** Veteran

Post by wanderer »

jwr -

i'm a little slow. now i get it.

but i thot mebbe you were dissin' ataloss. :wink:

as for "board rasputin", hocus, given the extremely high infidel factor here, i'm afraid the competition would require me starting raising funds before the iowa caucuses to land that plum. :wink:

thanks for the kind words. i would have to say i'm a bumbler extraordinaire compared to some on these boards (many of whom you listed). i do really miss ptsurmr - that guy was awesome. Maybe i can sleep on his living room floor this summer...
regards,

wanderer

The field has eyes / the wood has ears / I will see / be silent and hear
raddr
*** Veteran

Re: A legend in our time

Post by raddr »

JWR1945 wrote: wanderer will soon be a legend on these boards.

Have fun.

John R.

He already is a legend. Keep it coming, wanderer.