NoFeeBoards.com!

No Fees! No Ads! No Spam!

What to do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arrete
* Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: What to do? Reply with quote

Hi there. It's your favorite mud-slinging, snarling, goon-squad leading ... well, I can't remember all the epithets hurled my way.

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out whether to go look at a kitchen remodelling center or spackle my walls. Then it hit me - I could do either right now because I'm not at work. I know it sounds absurd, but when you've been retired for a while, you forget how invasive work can be.

It's like when you have the tummy flu. You say to yourself (between barfs) that you will really appreciate every day when you feel better. And you do, for about 2 days. And then you take good health for granted until the next episode. Retirement is like that. We lucky ones need to remind ourselves about how confining working is. And to appreciate our good fortune.

And yes, I feel sorry for all you people still with the nose to the grindstone. Laughing

Maybe I should go read some Dilbert stuff or watch Office Space.

arrete

beachbumz
** Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, Arrete, about taking early retirement for granted, but I think I'd rather have the flu than go back to work for a few days to remind me of how good I've got it. Laughing

When I need a reminder (rarely), I can go by my old company, and look at all the crap laying around (CPA office) and listen to them bitch for a while. It pretty well takes care of things for me.

Beachbumz

ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings arrete Smile

I'm glad I won't have this problem. I have many interests outside of work. This web site of course, programming, flying, golf, I even compose my own music just to name a few. Nope, I just can't wait for retirement. Cool

www.nofeeboards.com
hocus2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember all the epithets hurled my way.

Join the club, Arrete.

The positive way to look at it is that you're a nobody in our community (I mean the larger community, not just this site) until you have been the focal point of a number of big-time Smear Campaigns. Consider this. Compared to JWR1945 and me, you're a mere rookie. You've never even been banned from a single site!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, arrete. Too bad that your entry here was spoiled by ill-feeling. I've been harassed a few times myself. Confused

My favorite way to remind myself of the joys of retirement is to go to the grocery store on a Saturday, and then go on a Wednesday at midday. The difference is enough to make anyone appreciate retirement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NoFeeBoards.com! Forum Index » FIRE Board All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: