Question from Intercst

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

ben
*** Veteran

Question from Intercst

Post by ben »

From Fool.com REHP:

"If hocus and JWR1945 find El Supremo's comments in support of arrete "disruptive", do they get to delete ES's posts from the SWR Research Group forum?"

:lol: Cheers!
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

I didn't find ES's post in support of Arrete to be disruptive. So I did not consider deleting it.

It is my understanding of things that the moderator of an NFB board has the power to delete any post he wishes to delete. I am the moderator of this board.

JWR1945 is not moderator of this board. It is my understanding of things that he does not have the power to delete any posts here.

My usual policy when I delete a post (I''ve only done it once) is to include the text of the post in the "Deleted Posts File." The benefit of that is that community members concerned whether a post deletion was appropriate can read the post for themselves and make their own determination.
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

I cannot delete any posts.

I can edit my own posts and you can edit yours.

If I wanted to, I could delete the text of one of my own posts. I could not remove the fact that I had put up the post in the first place. I could not remove the fact that I had edited my post.

Have fun.

John R.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings John :)

I just got back from a family thing. I've got a lot of catching up to do but John is right. Any member can edit their posts but not delete them. Only the admin or board moderator can do that. Now I'm off to the thread in question to read about all the trouble I'm in. :lol:
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
ben
*** Veteran

Post by ben »

ES; had nothing to do with you - and I fully back you in saying that Hocus should just take Arrette name of the home page (I have yet to find any reference in the book). Cheers, Ben
Normal; to put on clothes bought for work, go to work in car bought to get to work needed to pay for the clothes, the car and the home left empty all day in order to afford to live in it...
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

I understand that ben and thanks for saying it. I hope you understand this thing going on in the other thread in no way reflects on my opinion of you, or anyone else who wishes to post on other boards. If we didn't have NFB going I'd probably be running around and posting all over the place myself. Oh what a thought! Just think of all the trouble I could get into! :shock: :lol:
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com