I have retired

A place for the NFB community to discuss any subject.
KenM
* Rookie

Post by KenM »

hi ES
I'm trying very, very hard to restrain myself from making debating points on th's advice to ignore anything that annoys you :lol: and I'm trying to be constructive by asking a reasonable question. I've tried looking for the 'rules', the only thing I can find is
You agree, through your use of these boards, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law
I don't think that my censored posts/ threads were any more in violation of these rules than, for example, (and as only one example) the recent posts about raddr and ataloss leaving.

I'm not bothered by my deleted posts and I'm ready to move on but it would be constructive and helpful to myself, and I hope to others, if you would be able, as a 'new start', to explain how you expect these rules to apply in practice. Is it open seaon for rude/abusive/harassing/etc behaviour and we just ignore it or is something better expected and violations will be deleted? A carefully considered statement by yourself would hopefully set the tone for the 'new start' and beyond.
KenM
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
hocus2004

Post by hocus2004 »

"I'm trying to be constructive by asking a reasonable question."

I'm with KenM on this one. He is indeed asking a reasonable question and he is indeed doing something constructive by doing so, in my view.
ElSupremo
Admin Board Member

Post by ElSupremo »

Greetings Ken :)

I don't remove posts because they annoy me. Removing a complete post is viewed as a last resort. That said I have no plans to sit here and edit posts all day.

IMO the rules are clear. I've only removed a few posts and the violations were obvious. You must realize I can't allow personal attacks whether they be against myself, our site or any of our members. To use your quote, I found the removed posts to be defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful and harassing.

An example of a proper, well thought out and excellent post would be your post I'm replying to. This site is here for you and anyone else to use within the reasonable set of rules we have. It falls to me to interpret those rules the best I can. There is no rule that says one has to participate here if they don't like the place. For whatever reason.

I've had a bit of experience with this stuff and IMHO we have one of the best message boards on the net. That may sound a bit self-serving but it's my opinion. If someone disagrees with the way we run things or just plain hates us they are welcome to say so. Within the rules. Which I will interpret to the best of my ability.

You are more than welcome to stay with us. I sincerely hope you do. If you decide to move on we all wish you the best.
"The best things in life are FREE!"

www.nofeeboards.com
th
** Regular

Post by th »

Uh oh, I think I've been vulgar, and most likely inaccurate... :oops:
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche
KenM
* Rookie

Post by KenM »

ES
For me, your reply is not sufficient having regard to history and the circumstances of the 'new start'.

We're just back to where we were in October last year - I didn't find it acceptable being a member of nfb then and I don't find it acceptable now.

Please remove my name from the list of members. 'bye.
KenM
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost