I just wrote a post and I don't see it.

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

mannfm11
* Rookie

I just wrote a post and I don't see it.

Post by mannfm11 »

Sorry, but I want to see if this one posts before I write another long winded post.
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

Welcome, mannfm11.

I recommend that you compose just about everything on Microsoft Word, WordPad or equivalent. Copy and paste it when you post.

If you are composing a post directly and something bad happens, sometimes you can use your back arrow to come back to the Post a reply area. Then you can select all and copy it at least temporarily. Most likely, you would want to paste it somewhere for temporary storage.

Have fun.

John R.
BenSolar
*** Veteran

Post by BenSolar »

JWR1945 wrote:I recommend that you compose just about everything on Microsoft Word, WordPad or equivalent. Copy and paste it when you post.

If you are composing a post directly and something bad happens, sometimes you can use your back arrow to come back to the Post a reply area. Then you can select all and copy it at least temporarily. Most likely, you would want to paste it somewhere for temporary storage.
Hi John :)
and welcome to the nofeeboards, mannfm11! :D

That temporary storage can also be as simple as composing a post in the message board post window, then, before submitting it, highlight the entire post, right click and 'copy'. The post will then be stored in the Windows clipboard until you 'copy' something else or until the machine is turned off. So, assuming neither instance above has happened, your post is safe in storage and if the internet eats your post during submittal, you can go back to the post composition screen, right click, and 'paste' the message in it's entirety back into the text box.

Regards,
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for." - Epicurus