The Facts about Hocus's Investment Decisions

Research on Safe Withdrawal Rates

Moderator: hocus2004

th
** Regular

Post by th »

John - thanks for the info.

Honestly, I probably wouldnt know what I was reading, or if it rang true.

I was an engineer by trade, both hardware and software, but spent my last 10 years or so in the executive ranks. Which means all my brains fell out and I've become dependent on ranks of smart people to get me to believe something and then give me plans to pick from on what to do.

Then I make capricious decisions that make everyone miserable, declare success and move to the next project.

So considering that perhaps a lot of us are old engineers or old executives (guessing), the engineers will want the painful data streams; the executives will want to know who has bought into this set of ideas, their credentials, who opposes it, their credentials, an executive summary that is for and against, answers to a handful of questions, and options/alternatives for what to do.

With regards to predicting in decade+ time frames, tell me what that means to you. That you can guess with %% certainty the direction, the value, ? That you make decisions once a decade on valuations and buying decisions?

(psst...I'm trying to help you set up a way to present this in an edible manner to your potential constituencies...)
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche
JWR1945
***** Legend

Post by JWR1945 »

We use confidence limits on this board. This sets us apart. I generally talk in terms of 90% confidence levels, recognizing that claims of anything higher is likely to be an illusion.

I highly recommend that you review my May 2004 Overview post dated Wed, May 19, 2004 at 8:04 pm CDT.
http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2505
It answers many of your questions.

You may want to read about my General Guidance dated Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 9:29 am CDT.
http://nofeeboards.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2420
It addresses some of the more important details, but they are details.

Have fun.

John R.
unclemick
*** Veteran

Post by unclemick »

Back to my old buddy Thockmorton - OR - better yet lets sneak over and swipe all of Hocus's NON CD money and put it in an irrevacable Trust - all he gets is X dollars plus an inflation kicker for the rest of his natural days. It's locked in an invisible black box that spits out an inflation adjusted income stream (like SS??).

Done deal. The income stream has closed the gap between expenses and 'known income'. Cutting expenses we put in another thread.

Divide and conquer. Those pesty, pesky CD's coming due now and time future must still be addressed with the current tools availible but the problem has been cut in size and - heh,heh- viewed as a 'second income stream' - hopefully a smaller and more managable problem.